𝐎𝐍𝐄

CORA WAKES up to her roommates violent screams that echo through the whole apartment. She throws herself out of the bed calling for Lacy, "What's wrong!" She tumbles out of her messy room, falling on a pile of clothes but catching herself on the dressing table.

"Cora please it's an emergency!" She cries from another room followed by the sounds of a loud crash.

Cora's heart beats faster as she heard Lacey's shouts, she ran quickly across her apartment to her best friends room. She threw the door open, her eyes wide to find the source of the problem but there was no problem.

Well perhaps the state of the room was one problem but other than that there was no life threatening emergency that so abruptly woke her up.

Coraline groans out of anger, "I thought there was a real emergency Lace," She complains stepping over the masses of paint tubes that are spread all over the floor.

Lacey, auburn hair thrown into a bun to make it easier to paint, whipped her head around from out of a cupboard to look at Cora, "There is an emergency though," She panics pulling out a large wicker box of paint brushes.

"And that is?" She asks leaning on the wall with the only free space. Lacey Graves was a lover of all hobbies, mainly painting and baking, and so what was meant to be her bedroom had turned into a collective mess of paint supplies. Lacey owned a small bakery for her job but often was invited to art shows allowing her to sell her paintings as well.

"I have a painting that needs to be finished for an art show tomorrow and I can't find the right brush," She moans putting her face in her hands, luckily all the paint on her hands now dry. 

"Come on Lace, you scared me to death! I almost fell over- at least then there would've been a real emergency," She mumbled the last part under her breathe but Lacey heard and she sent her friend a death glare as a response.

"This is a real emergency," She finally got off the floor and stopped frowning instead knitted her eyebrows. As Lacey turns her head Cora gets a view of the bun in her hair. Sitting in her hair is a paintbrush, "If that's the paintbrush you need in your hair i'm going to kill you," She seethed through her teeth.

Lacey pulls the paintbrush from her hair and smiles as she holds the right one in her hand, "I love you," The girl cheers and Cora closes the door on her.

It was her first day back after having to take a week for a family emergency which took her to a different state. It was her whole life and the past week off had been killing her.

     HER FINGERS drum on her legs as she walks into the one hundred and eighteenth firehouse where all her friends waited for her. Her bag sits on her shoulder with her uniform in and her phone in her jeans back pocket buzzes, reading it a message from Lacey comes up.

LACE:
have you seen my special spoon??
pls respond!
i cant cook without it :(

Cora shakes her head with a small smirk on her face reading the messages, she knows where her special spoon is. It's where she keeps her shoes because she thinks she'll remember it before leaving. Yet Lacey doesn't remember it because she puts her shoes next to the bin so she remembers to take out the trash. After a long list of trying to remember things, nothing is placed where it all originally was.

"Look who's back!" Chimney smiles shouting from the open second floor. She threw up her arms as she walked in between two firetrucks. "I'm back baby!" She shouts with the biggest grin as she quickly makes her way up the stairs to greet her friends.