𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"ISN'T THIS a golf course?" Cora asked as the fire engine pulled across the fresh green lawn where people watched them all.

"The plane had an emergency landing," Hen says as they get out of the truck and rush to the stationary plane and the man who stands waiting.

Cora runs to the plane door and helps to take the unconscious women out of the aircraft and place her safely on the floor where the others work around her.

"Does she have any medical problems?" Bobby asks the man who Cora assumes to be the boyfriend, she takes his arm and places him a step back so he doesn't try to intervene.

Hen says her pressure but Cora doesn't catch it, "Could be a possible heart attack?" Cora questions and Bobby calls his usual orders for what medications Hen should use- although she already knew.

Buck's phone begins to ring and they all glance at it as he contemplates on answering it, he decided to answer, "Abby I'm on a call right now," He says looking at the woman unconscious.

Cora's mind couldn't help but wonder who Abby was and why he decided to answer the phone on the job but she kept her opinions to herself.

"You faked an emergency?" Buck asks the man with genuine shock and the man looks almost embarrassed.

"I was proposing!" He defends himself while kneeling at the feet of his girlfriend, "Thought I was being romantic," he sighs. Cora can't help but send him a judging glare.

"What made you think that?" She asks while the others talk. The man shakes his head and looks to the ground.

Buck says something, his words sounding familiar, "You can't give her that!" She blurts out making Hen stop, "It's not a heart attack,"

Bobby looks at her and back to Hen, "Broken heart syndrome?" They all nod, except from Buck who doesn't really know what their talking about.

Cora kneels and watches them, she often felt as though she was being pushed to the sidelines with some emergency's- that she was being seen as weaker. Chimney and Hen were always valuable being the Paramedics on the team and Buck and Bobby were seen as stronger then her. However, Cora had no real value to the group, she was always helpful on the bigger emergency's, but she never voiced her real views about it to anyone.

The woman quickly came back to consciousness after Hen gave her the right medication, with a few coughs she was sitting upright, "Take deep breaths, you're okay," Cora says with a hand on the woman's shoulder.

Cora watches the woman take the ring from the man, she was accepting his proposal. She shook her head at the two lovers until she slapped him. They all let out a small laugh under their breath.

Buck still spoke to Abby on the phone, filling her in on all she missed and she made the assumption that it was the Abby she knew from the nine-one-one call centre. She kept her opinions once again to herself- until she could tell Lacey of course.

    CORA REALISED how much she missed when she wasn't in the firehouse, one day off and she was rushing to the hospital to be Chimney's side. A car accident landed him with a pole through the middle of his head.

She spent countless nights in the hospital asleep while waiting for him to wake up, the others joined her but she always found herself holding his hand alone.

It was only when she found herself standing in the firehouse next to a cake that resembled his face scarily accurate with a black pole through his forehead. Something in her chest could let go as she knew her friend was okay.