𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

IT HAD BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE CORA HAD a secret birthday celebration with everyone and since then Buck and Cora had stayed the same. Nothing had changed, for better or for worse and so Cora was happy with that.

She lay awake in her bed already awake before alarm, she looked at the ceiling her chest deflated and her shoulders heavy, "You alive?" Lacey asked opening her door.

"No." Cora mumbled wiping her face with her hands. Lacey smiled and walked over the pile of unwashed clothes and got in Cora bed making the woman grown, "What are you doing?" She asked slightly agitated.

"Dying with you," She smiles lying down next to her. They sit in silence for a moment, "So how are you and Buck?" She asked turning her head to look at her best friend who gave her a dirty look.

"How are you and your girlfriend?" Cora asked deflecting the question, something she always did, and Lacey shrugged her shoulder.

"Y'know, I can't handle commitment," She joked and Cora rolled her eyes.

"Maybe you should get a fish," She sighs before getting up out of her bed leaving Lacey lying there. "I like the necklace," Cora can hear the smirk on Lacey's face without even having to look at her and so she didn't turn around. Her fingers touched the jewel but quickly picked up the pile of clothes and she left Lacey alone in her bedroom.

While leaning over the sink applying mascara ever so delicately her phone pings more then once gaining her attention.

She picks it up and she reads it;
Chimney: Theres a new guy coming today- heard he's a looker, you still single ;)
Cora lets out a laugh as she reads the message and responds;
I think ill leave him for you ;)

Cora threw her car door shut and put her bag on her shoulder and quickly walked down the street to the fire department. Secretly she was excited to see the new guy who joined the department so she left slightly earlier then usual.

The unbearable heat scorched her skin as she walked into the fire department, Bobby was cheery- the usual mood he had been in for the past few weeks.

"You're in a good mood," Cora smiles standing next to Hen while talking to Bobby.

The man smiles and places his hands on his hips, "Why shouldn't I be?" He questions.

"Cause it's getting on my nerves," Hen says while no change in her facial expressions making Cora unsure of whether she was joking or not. Cora and Hen had worked together for a while yet anytime Hen told a joke the woman just couldn't seem to understand whether it was a joke or not.

"Whats going on with you Cap?" Cora asks, her hands holding the strap of her bag while she looks at him.

Buck interrupts the conversation by quickly walking over to them with a smile on his face and his phone in his hand, "Guess who dropped another half percent of body fat," He says amused and satisfied with himself.

Cora rolls her eyes, "Don't tell me this is for that firefighter calendar thing?" She raises her eyebrows questioning him.

Chimney joins the conversation, "And I'll be the one on that calendar," He smirks crossing his arms over his chest and standing next to Bobby. Buck gave him a questionable look.

Cora sighed, "The whole thing's ridiculous," She looks at Buck and then Chimney while her eyebrows arch but none of them agree.