𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CORA STARES DOWN AT THE NEEDLE THAT nurse holds in front of her, "Do we all really have to do this?" She asked nervously and the woman gave her a small smile.

"Just relax and it'll be alright," She said and Cora nodded let out a heavy sigh. Cora's head turned to Buck who sat next to her, his two pints of blood already taken from him. Buck pats the small plaster the nurse puts on his arm with a small, wider then what was needed, but his eyes drifted towards Cora.

"You scared?" He joked standing up and walking to where Cora was sat. Her eyes are beading into his with annoyance.

"No." She mumbled. Cora was beginning to regret offering Chimney her blood, Buck laughs and nods his head slightly, "Fuck off" She mumbles under her breathe while she winces as the needle is inserted into her arm.

"Isn't that your friend?" Buck asks gaining Cora's attention, her eyes land on Lacey walking into the fire station holding large boxes in her arms while she can barely she anything. "Yeah?" Cora questions not knowing that she would bd randomly dropping into the station today.

Buck quickly walks up to her and takes two boxes of the pile to help the woman, "You alright?" He asks and Cora watches wishing that getting her blood drawn wouldn't take so long.

"Cora told me you were doing a blood donation and so I thought I would bring some of my baked goods!" Lacey exclaims placing the boxes down on an empty table.

The nurse caught Cora's attention again, "You are all done," She smiles putting a plaster where the needle used to be.

Cora stood up a little to quickly and Hen was there to grab her arm, "You alright?" Hen asks with a laugh and Cora's eyes widen. "I hate getting my blood drawn," She smiles letting go of Hen's arm and they both walk over to Lacey.

Buck takes a cookie as soon as the lid is taken of the box, "Thank you," He smiles half the cookie already demolished by the man.

"I didn't expect you here?" Cora smiled and she helps to unbox some of the baked goods. Buck can't help but take another, "I've never eaten anything this good!" He exclaims his eyes wide with surprise.

Bobby walks into the station with a small smile on his face looking around at his station with immense proudness for the blood donations.

Cora stands next to Lacey with a questioning eye as she sorts out the baked goods once more, "Why are you here?" Cora asks suspiciously squinting her eyes to read her friend.

Cora raised her eye brows, "I'm bringing amazing cookies for starving firefighters," She smiled and shrugged her shoulders before returning back to her task.

"Mhm." Cora said with a judging tone knowing exactly that either something had happened or Lacey wanted something.

Lacey's eyes connected with Cora's, "Okay fine! I may or may not be...waiting for a kitchen full of black smoke to thin in my bakery right now," Cora shook her head and laughed.

"I knew it! I always know," She cheers as if she was a little kid winning a worthless point in a game. Lacey frowned at her friends reaction to the annoying story.

"What are you two smiling about?" Buck asked fitting himself into the conversation. Cora's eyes flick to him and Lacey watches a small tint of light pink blush grow along her cheeks.

"Lacey's trying to set her bakery on fire like usual," Cora informs him and he nods and lets out a small deep laugh. His eyes look into Cora's for a second too long and she snaps hers away with hesitation.

"Like usual?" Buck questions not knowing Laceys background and her dislike for ovens. Cora knew very well that wherever Lacey went so did the imminent possibility of a fire breaking out.