𝐒𝐈𝐗

LACEY STANDS BY THE STOVE STIRRING whatever she had decided to cook for all the firefighters that were about to fill the apartment that was probably too small for all of them.

"So did you invite Evan?" Lacey shouts to Cora who sits in her bedroom looking at the message she received from her mom. She read the two words, Happy Birthday, over and over again until she eventually put her phone down.

Cora gets up of the floor and walks into the kitchen, "Just call him Buck," She says looking at her best friend who stood with a large wooden spoon in one hand and her other hand on her hip.

"No, I'm sorry but it sounds weird," She smiles and Cora shakes her head. The sound of knocking at their door interrupted Cora's thoughts and Lacey shouted, "Doors open!" yet the person on the other side didn't open the door.

Cora got up but Lacey already beat her too it, swinging the door open Cora wasn't surprised when Bobby was the first person to arrive, "For a firefighter I would expect your arms to work better," Lacey sighs looking at the older man who was shocked at the welcoming, warm hearted greeting he had received.

"Hello," He smiled wearily before Lacey let him in. A burnt smell starts to travel through the appartement and Cora quickly jumped as smoke begins to arise from the stove, "Lacey!" She cries and the other woman turns and starts swatting away the smoke.

"For someone living with a firefighter you sure do have a lot of fire related issues," Bobby makes a comment back with a small smile making Cora laugh.

"Bobby you don't know the half of it," She laughed. Bobby slowly walked around the apartment inspecting everything.

"Im surprised that you are throwing a get together, is there a reason?" Bobby asked turning his head and Cora smiles and shakes her head.

"I'm always stealing your food so I thought I'd repay you," She jokes and then the door opens and in walks Hen, Karen and Denny who were all already laughing together. Lacey's eyes widen but she says nothing and continues cooking.

"Hey," Hen says to Cora who high fives Denny before standing up straight."Thanks for inviting all of us," Karen says with a wide smile.

"Of course," Cora shrugs her shoulders, she loved being surrounded by everyone. All in the same room enjoying time together where simply nothing else matters. Bobby was quick to start talking to Hen.

Cora walks up to Lacey who looks at her with a sly look, "When you said a few people you really meant a large gathering didn't you," Cora smirks placing a hand on her friends shoulder, "This is a small apartment not a soup kitchen," She whispers almost inaudibly.

Cora laughs, "I'll buy you new paint brushes," She bribes her friend but she shakes her head.

"My old brushes are my babies," She sighs and Cora shakes her head leaving her to cook. By now everyone was here as Buck and Chimney simply found themselves talking to everyone Cora unaware of who even let them in the apartment. Cora even decided to invite Athena and her two children who stood talking to Hen and Bobby.

Cora worked her way into a conversation with Chimney before Buck looks over to her with a small smile and she shakes her head, "Hey you got any beers?" Chimney asks and she gives him a smile.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," She announces, "If you thought this night would happen with booze- you thought wrong." She smirks opening the fridge showing it almost completely full of alcohol and little food, "Thats not all," She opens another cupboard showing all sorts making everyone's face smile.

"I'll take a beer!" Denny calls first his hand shooting right in the air making everyone laugh.

It didn't take long before everyone was relaxed, cold drinks in hands and all sat around the large set table in the middle of the rearranged living space so they would all fit.