Prologue | Bride left at the altar?!

⚠️ TW - Brief mention of self harm⚠️

Dakota's POV

"I sincerely apologise and please feel free to kiss me if I'm wrong, but, isn't your name Amanda?" I innocently question.

The woman had a blank face for about 2.0 seconds before she burst out laughing, "Okay, I've had plenty of people flirting with me all day, but yours was too good."

"Hello, I'm Dakota, pleased to meet you." I introduce myself.

The woman whose name I had yet to know, suddenly seemed shy, as she looked at me through her eyelashes, smiling, timidly.

"I'm Emelia."

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful woman like yourself." I say, and gave a little kiss on the back of her hand.

She blushed and averted her gaze.

Adorable.

Emelia is truly gorgeous, with her curly brown hair, flowing through the wind, and the most intense hazel eyes.

"Would you like to join me," I was interrupted by a voice screaming my name.

"DAKOTA! YO KOTA" I hear my friend Jack yelling, running up to me.

I breathed a frustrated sigh "excuse me, darlin', I need to go back to my friend. Could you wait for me there?" I ask her, pointing to the church.

"Sure handsome, and if you return in ten minutes, I'll kiss you as promised." She whispers in my ear, walking away.

I had to cover my nether region, hissing, "Dude, what was that for?"

"Like a buffalo rushing down the freeway, why did you mess up my chance to get laid." I whined, frustrated with my best friend.

Jack panted, as if he ran a mile before choking out, "Rian's gone, Da!"

I tense at that.

"What do you mean, Rian's gone?" I ask with disbelief.

"I've been looking for you for the past half hour." he huffs out.

I stare at him in confusion, before slapping him upside his head.

"Then you ought to look for Rian, why on earth were you looking for me, you black clay-pan?" I cried.

"Have you checked the bathroom?" I demand the obvious.

"I did, he isn't there with his wrists slit."

"Have you checked his room's window?" I ask another obvious question.

"I did that too, he didn't escape from the window either," he said.

Shit, shit, shit! Where the hell is this guy?