Engines

Donatello's gaze met yours as you sat across from each other, surrounded by your mutual friends laughing and talking ranging from adventures to fun activities you've all been a part of. Donatello's lips curled into a cheeky smirk, he raised his finger and twisted it in your direction.

"Y'know, this one right here tried to ride my new Donboard" His eyes shut as he choked back laughter while watching your face morph into an offended stare.

"I know what you're doing Dee- I swea-" He brought a finger over your mouth and turned to your friends. 

"Remember the peculiar torch the Statue of Liberty held this morning?" At this point, you were trying to get Donatello's hand off of your mouth, which silenced your speech. Eventually, Leonardo who sat next to you, helped you by tickling Donatello which made him retract from you laughing loudly.

"What did you do?" Leonardo turned to you, speaking through laughter.

"Well- It was faster than I thought!" Your face glowed red as you tried to explain yourself with the group looking at you funny.

As you looked around the booth you realized that April, Michaelangelo, Donatello, and Leonardo were all watching you with puffy faces, holding back their laughter while Raphael searched through his phone to find something.

"We-Well! Whatev-er!" You stammered out, playfully upset.

Leonardo brought an arm around you. "Oh relax, you didn't look that insane!"

You carried your eyes forward to Donatello's expression swiftly changing from amusement to confusion, he almost looked mad.

Leonardo backed off from you laughing, Raphael turned his phone around and passed it around letting out a very loud cackle. As you inched closer you realized it was a picture of you, on top of the Statue of Liberty and on top of the torch, clearly stuck with Donatello's new board floating under you as it left you behind.

"HEY! Where did you get that?!" You began to laugh nervously, trying to cover the photo hopelessly.

Donatello sprung up. "Then I had to go find you because while my board had a recall feature you clearly- did not!" He threw his head back cackling loudly at his own joke.

You stood and leaned on the table, placing your hand over Donatello's face. "Shush it Don!" You said, laughing.

Donatello's metallic arms extended from his battle shell, pushing you lightly and back onto your seat. After another half an hour of laughing and reminiscing on the past month, you and the group decided to head home. It was decided that April would be dropped off first since Donatello insisted on taking you to the lair before taking you home.

April gave you a knowing nod as she walked into her apartment, you felt a jolt of electricity steal your breath. You shook your head lightly and walked back toward the entrance to the apartment complex, Donatello quickly caught up to you and as you took a look at the doorway, you realized that none of the other turtles were there.

"What?" You looked to your right and left and confirmed that they were nowhere in sight. "Where did they-?" You looked behind you to see Donatello who seemed nervous.

"Don?" You tilted your head "Where did they go!?" you exclaimed, dramatically waving your arms in the air.

"Erm, ahem! I actually don't know exactly where they went" He rubbed the back of his neck, bringing his goggles down and taking a look around. "It seems they just- went to the lair?" 

He brought his goggles back up and met your gaze, He instinctively straightened his posture and cleared his throat.

"I forget you have trackers on them" You smile, gently pushing his arm.