10.0

Ambrose sluggishly picked up his phone and sighed when "Lacey" flashed across his screen. She had called him for five minutes non-stop.

"Lacey?" He asked, his voice deep.

"I'm at your door Ambrose" he then heard a knock "Open up, this is important"

"Alright" he opened the front door and Lacy immediately barged in, talking quickly, her face red.

"Hey" he grabbed her shoulders "Breathe in, breathe out"

She slowly followed his orders and she felt her chest release.

"You didn't tell me you and Ximena were dating" she crossed her arms "You're dating her?"

The way she said "her" made his skin crawl.

"What's wrong with dating her?" He placed his hands on his hips.

"Nothing" she said quickly "You've just never had a girlfriend before then you come to University and you date the first girl you see"

"That's my business Lacey" he told her.

"I'm your best friend, it's my business too" She almost yelled but kept her composure.

"Chaz is my best friend," he told her.

"I've been there for you Ambrose" she took his hand.

His face softened and he let out a cough. She was right. She had always been there for him.

"No, Ximena and I aren't dating" he whispered "unfortunately"

"Oh thank goodness" she let out a sigh of relief.

"What brought these accusations anyway?" He ran his hand through his hair, ignoring what she had previously said.

"This" she handed him her phone which displayed a picture of them hugging and it seemed a little intimate and he had the biggest fucking smile on his face.

"That's just us hugging" he shrugged "our first time in fact"

"But that's not what everyone else thinks" she sighed.

"How did you even get this picture?" He asked "You're not in this University"

"I have friends everywhere" she winked at him "Never forget that Ambrose"

*

"XIMENA" Ximena flinched as Anastasia plucked her eyebrows, almost hurting herself in the process.

"Heads up next time Isa" Anastasia groaned.

"This is important" she barged into the bathroom "Look at this"

She handed Anastasia and Ximena her phone and Ximena's eyes widened when she saw herself and Ambrose, hugging.

"They're so cute" someone in the background whispered "God, when?"

"Why is he talking to her? I heard she has a speech impediment" someone else whispered.

"She stutters all the fucking time— it's so annoying" another person said.

"Right" the voice from before said "She doesn't deserve him"

"Shut up guys" a male whispered.

"Right? Like that's his girlfriend, not yours" another girl whispered and then it went quiet and soon after that the video ended.

"O-Oh" Ximena felt tears draw in her eyes "I-Is— Does i-i-i-it ann-annoy y-y-you g-gu-guys?"

"No, of course not" Anastasia took her hands.