Damien vs. Caleb

Damian POV
   I fucked up.
   It was the only thing I knew for sure, and with every last ounce of breath I had, I would find a way to make it right with Ivy. The moment that Hale found Mandy's cabin, I was the first in the car to go save Ivy.
   I didn't want anyone else to do this besides me, because even though we were all supposed to be her mates, I knew without a doubt that things were worse with her and I. If, for some reason, our bond was broken... I would still try to make it right with her.
   I couldn't lose her.
   She was perfect in the mess of confusion and clouded thoughts, and even still, I had no way of knowing what I was losing until I had lost it.
   Looking up to the sky, I watched as the full moon turned orange, and the Harvest peaked in all its glory. I had only an hour to save her. After that, my time would be up and the bond would be broken.
   I couldn't let that happen.
   I had to protect the bond. My selfishness was causing us all pain.
   As the roar of wolves thundered against the ground, we found ourselves outnumbered, and even though I was an Alpha, there was still only so much I could do.
   My brothers at my back, we pressed forward, taking down rogue after rogue.
   Caleb's human form watched from the porch with a smile on his face before shifting and heading straight for James. James was no match for Caleb and snapping a gray wolf's neck, I leaped over two more running towards my youngest brother.
   I had to protect him. To save him from a fate that none of us would get over.
   Snarling my breath came out in white pants of smoke against the cold air. Throwing my body at Caleb, I knocked his wolf out of the way. Growling as I stood protectively in front of James.
   No one would mess with my brother but me.
   "It's time they realize who has the upper hand!" Mandy yelled, causing us all to stop in our tracks.
Ivy.
   Her struggling form was at Mandy's mercy as her claws dug into Ivy's throat. My wolf urged me to press forward and save our mate, but at the same time, I knew I couldn't be brash. Doing so would only cause Ivy to get killed.
   Caleb shifted quickly in front of me. His wolf sheds its skin, leaving a man in its wake. I could kill him right now, but with the situation, it could only make things worse.
   "What are you doing!" He yelled as he took two steps toward Mandy. Her body flinched as she watched with a snarl his concern over the girl in his arms.
   "Please, let me go." Ivy said, struggling as tears streamed down her face.
   The cracking of bones resonated near me as my brothers all shifted in return. "Ivy!"
   No one moved. Not even the rogues, as everyone seemed to contemplate what was going to happen next. If Ivy died, then what would be left? Caleb would have no leverage or purpose in the battle anymore other than to face me himself.
   Which was something I know he has wanted to do for a very long time.
   "Please don't hurt her..." James pleaded his own eyes misted with tears. "She did nothing to you."
   He was young and naïve, allowing his emotions to show as they were, but then again, I didn't have the connection with Ivy that they did. Shifting into my human form, I stood waiting for her next move.
   Her eyes seemingly calculated what it was I was going to do. "No, she didn't. But Damian did."
   Taken aback by what the girl was saying, I found myself baffled.
   I stood waiting for her next move. I knew exactly what she was talking about. She blamed me for her sister being dead, just like Caleb did.
   "Your quarrel is with me, Mandy. Ivy isn't mated to me, so there is no way her death will hurt me. Don't do something stupid." I replied, watching her.
   Laughing, she shook her head, watching me, "you really are daft, aren't you? Do you think it's her life that actually matters to me?"
   A growl escaped my lips as I stepped forward. Her grip tightening just a little more.
   "What did you do, Damian?" Ivy asked with pleading eyes, trying to understand.
   It was the same look she gave me so many times when I disappointed her.
   "Oh, he didn't tell you." Mandy whispered just loud enough for me to hear, "the wolf who killed herself because of him... she was my sister."
   It didn't make any sense. The look Mandy gave Caleb was one of hatred, not respect. A rush of confusion ran through me as I tried to understand what Mandy had to gain from acting the way she was.
   "Wait... Caleb wanted to steal me from Damian so he could take Damian's mat.. But you..." Ivy's faced flashed with recognition as if she was processing all the information.
   "No, you can't!" Ivy screamed, struggling against Mandy. A wicked laugh leaving Mandy's lips, causing us all to step forward closer, only to have the rogues on edge ready to attack.
   "So you finally understand." Mandy replied, looking directly at me, "at least one of you does."
   "What are you talking about?!" Caleb yelled, stepping closer only for Mandy to step back holding tighter to Ivy.
   "Move again and I'll kill her." She snapped baring teeth.
   What was I missing?!
   She is going to kill her.; Talon replied through our link. 'He is going to kill her to kill us.'
   'No... she can't.' James added, listening in.
   'Caleb is going to do something. When he does, we need to rush him and the rogues.'
   There was silence among us after my statement, but glancing at Hale, I saw the calculated look he was giving over the situation.
   "She is going to kill me to kill Hale, Talon, and-" Ivy's words were quickly cut off as Mandy dug deeper down on her grip. Her body slightly goes lax within her hands.
   A mass of movement blurred in the distance as Kate yelled, "She is going to kill her to kill your brothers!"
   It all made sense now, though.
   With Mandy's attention on me, I watched as Caleb took the opportunity and rushed toward Mandy, ripping her from Ivy's body. The clash of wolves raged once more as I shifted and took them down two at a time.
   My brothers battled as well- our goal was to retrieve Ivy, whose body laid unmoving.
   Taking down another wolf, I turned to find Caleb standing over the bloodied body of Mandy. His cold, dark swirling eyes looked towards Ivy before turning on me. He was angry, and the pain fueled that hatred.
   Charging at me, he shifted mid-air. His wolf clashed with mine as we ended in a rolling fury of fury and blood. Our teeth snapping at each other in a mixture of anger and frenzy.
   I was going to kill him, there was no denying that.
   As my teeth bit down upon him he struggled beneath me. Prey to the bloodthirsty wolf I was, I enjoyed his struggle.
   *Crack*
   His neck snapped in my jaw, and with its sound the rogues that hadn't died stopped in their tracks. Their eyes darted towards me as I let Caleb's wolf slip from my jaws, hitting the ground.
   There was no reason for them to fight anymore. The rogue wolves retreating towards the woods in fear as I step closer towards them. They knew what would become of them if they stayed around. There was no denying my wrath, but in that moment, there was only one person I had my eye on.
   Ivy.