A trip to Gringotts

To all outward appearances Harry had a very normal, summer day. He woke fairly late, had a massive Weasley breakfast, and then the Burrow was a flurry of activity. Ginny arrived home from her roommates' sleepover, Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell arrived with broomsticks in hand and the Quidditch began. Harry played well, as always, but something was off.

As he circled around the makeshift goal hoops looking for the rather battered and slow Snitch that they had decided to use Harry found his mind drifting. He registered the fact that George had stopped in the air to kiss Katie and try to pinch her on the bum, that Ron was growing steadily more irritated that they weren't taking the game seriously, but all that he could think about was the fact that Sirius was gone and so much had changed since the meeting at Gringotts. Voldemort was still out there, lurking like the monster in one of the few Muggle movies he'd seen at the Dursleys, waiting to wreak havoc with the Death Eaters. That hadn't changed, but now he was Lord Potter...it still seemed completely mental to think he was a Lord. Sirius had done it, he said in the will, to give him resources...resources.

Harry quickly brought his broom to a hover and waved over to Fred, who happened to be the closest Weasley. "Think I've had enough. I'm going in."

"Harry, you can't!" Fred shook his head. "Snitch is still going!"

"No, it's not." Angelina flew over to them and pointed down on the ground. There, only a few meters away on the ground, flopping around like a very tired fish, was the shining gold of the Snitch.

The sudden realization that the Snitch was not caught and freely available to anyone led to almost everyone's attempt to get there first and claim the Snitch. Unfortunately, the placement of the shining object was also a few meters away from Hermione, who sat on a blanket in the sun reading a Muggle book. She had been quite thoroughly enjoying the book, which, if she was forced to tell, was a somewhat trashy romance novel about a dragon keeper who fell in love with a Veela; only the fact that she'd slipped a cover over it so that everyone else would think she was reading a somewhat boring book about runes kept her from being teased. She had been quite engrossed in a section with surprising detail about the particulars of dragon preserves when she heard the noise and glanced up to see everyone, with the exception of Ron and surprisingly Harry, hurtling down at her. She squeaked in surprise, the book shot into the air and she hurried away from the blanket.

As Ginny and Fred wrestled over the Snitch Harry landed, put his broom away rather hurriedly and made his way into the Burrow. Arthur was gone but Molly was there, sitting in her chair by the window, humming along with the wireless and knitting.

"Harry? Is something wrong, dear?" Molly paused her needles. "Are the twins..."

Harry shook his head. "No, they're fine. I...Sirius' will said something about resources. That I'll need to fight..."

"Oh." Molly sat her knitting in her basket and stood up. "I wondered when you'd get to that."

"Huh?" Harry gave her an odd look. "What do you mean?"

She walked over to the kitchen and poured herself a cup of tea. After taking another cup she looked over to Harry. "Tea?" Seeing his negative shake of the head she continued. "Arthur and I talked about it last night. You took everything so well that...it's understandable, dear. You were in a bit of shock. How are you now?"

He shrugged. "I don't feel any different. But...I've got family, or I had family. And Sirius said they had resources...and he left me things at Gringotts, personal things. I forgot all about that. What'd he leave me, and what kind of resources..."

Molly nodded and gave him a smile that caused crinkles around her eyes. "That's our Harry." She reached into her apron and pulled out a letter. "It came while you were out with the others playing Quidditch. I got one as well, they're both from Bill. He said to tell you after lunch to come to Gringotts and everything would be explained. It's a bit early, but maybe you can join him for lunch? I think that'd be rather nice, a good lunch to settle your stomach after flying and some time for you two to talk. Now go get cleaned up and you can be off." She shooed him upstairs. "Up, now, I won't have you going to Gringotts looking a sweaty mess." Seeing his slight eye roll Molly's voice softened. "Harry, you're Lord Potter now. You know it doesn't matter to us but others will judge you on appearances."