Manicotti, Dirigible Plum, Jam and diet coke

It was a cold, rainy day. Harry thought the air felt almost as if it could snow at any moment, up there at the lodge, hidden amongst the hills. He stood there on the little balcony outside his bedroom and looked out at the clouds, heavy with rain and possibly snow, wondering how his life had come to this. In a few moments he would go back down into one of the rooms that Andromeda liked, one of the rooms with minimal antlers, and they would begin discussing the wedding.

The wedding. If this had been a normal year at Hogwarts he would be in classes, playing Quidditch and...then he stopped. He'd never had a 'normal' year at Hogwarts. Not really. Every year seemed to be filled with some sort of danger, but this year...this year everything had changed into something even weirder than usual. He hadn't spent more than a month or so at school, and now the Ministry was gone, Dumbledore was gone, he was Lord Potter and in more than a week was going to marry Tonks. Talk about a life changing six months or so. Christmas had come and gone, a rather subdued and odd Christmas, and now the calendar was turning towards March and what a March. The Wedding March.

He came back inside, shut the balcony door without looking and plopped himself down in a chair by the window, absentmindedly played with the button on the cuff of his shirt, fingers rubbing over the smooth surface and feeling the slight rise on the edge. He stopped, realising what he was doing, and looked down. The button was perfectly fine for the shirt, nothing wrong with it at all, but something about it was bothering him. And that's when he figured it out, his eyebrows knotted together, and a wave of irritation came over him. He stood up from the chair, went to the wardrobe and flung open the doors. As he stood there a small popping sound behind him made him realise there was a house elf present, but at the moment he really didn't care.

"Master Harry..."

Without turning he answered, even though he knew it was rude and the elf didn't deserve his attitude, he couldn't help it. Not in the mood he was in.

"Not right now. I'm busy. Later. Leave."

He heard the small pop and didn't look back; it would have been stupid to look back, Kipsey was gone, and even if he wanted to apologise, which he knew he should, at the moment he couldn't be arsed. Instead he found himself staring at the contents of his wardrobe, fascinated by what was inside. The garment draped on the clothes hanger was made from a thick fabric, not quite wool, and even with magic the deep blue colour seemed to have faded with age. The blue itself was interesting, but the gold braided cord that wound around the high collar and onto the shoulders seemed to signify some sort of military rank. That seemed odd, as there wasn't any wizarding army that he knew of and the robe, and it was a robe, definitely seemed like something that a soldier would wear. He moved the hanger to the left and then found the next article of clothing, this time a jacket made of some sort of leather, the most fascinating thing in the world.

He heard a knock on his door and felt a wave of irritation go through him. The last thing he wanted to do was to go over wedding things yet again. He liked Andromeda, he really did, but sometimes he just wanted to...

"Heya, Harry."

The voice made him turn immediately, as it definitely wasn't Andromeda. He stood there, a jacket sleeve in his hand, and felt his grumpy mood slightly decrease. "Hey, Ron. When'd you get back?"

"This morning." Ron took in Harry, fully dressed, with clothing in hand in front of his wardrobe. "Ok, mate, I know you've been living with house elves and women, but are you that worried what you look like..."

"What? No. Not really." Harry let the sleeve of the jacket fall and then crossed his arms and leaned against the wardrobe. "It's just...I'm...it's hard to explain."

"Hard to explain." Ron muttered and shook his head. "Welcome to my world, hard to explain." He walked over and half-fell into the chair next to the window that Harry had previously sat in. "Listen to my weekend, mate. Ok, you know we did the big 'magic is real' bit with Jack's family last week, right? An' Bill and the goblins did the ward stuff and did the whole family alliance thing while Hermione's mum stayed with Jack's family to answer questions that Muggles would have about magic? Well, I got invited back for the weekend while you were in...where were you, exactly?"