For My Family

the song you can listen to when i tell you to but if you dont want thats ok

Neteyam's POV

I was laying down on my bed. Eternia told me we would start training tomorrow. I was worried because of all the things she told me.

FLASHBACK

"Could you try explaining these 'abilities' the Great Mother gifted me?" I asked making air quotations on the word 'abilities'. "Well," she started "You'll be able to manipulate the waters, the forests and earth. Also, you'll have perfect accuracy in the air if you're flying on your Ikran or something. Based off of the animals coming to you without attacking, I could presume that you'd be able to tame any animal." she explained. My mouth slightly parted, I was shocked. I' could do all of those things? "Wait, what do you mean by I can manipulate earth?" I inquired. "Well usually, it'd just be the land. You know, trees, vines, plants basically. But I think you can manipulate any type of plant. Water plants and other kinds. You'd better head off to bed. We'll start training tomorrow."

I stood up to go to my bed but Eternia stopped me asking "What's that on your back?" All I told her was I got a wound from scratching it on a tree but she didn't buy it. "Enchancia! Neteyam's hurt!" she called to her sister. Enchancia came over and put her hand over the scar. And closed her eyes. She muttered something and instantly, the pain of my back being split in half vanished. Eternia explained how Enchancia had healing powers.

END OF FLASHBACK

I closed my eyes to sleep as I thought about my family.

time skip

Eternia's mother, Centuri, fed and took care of me as one of her own. So, in the morning, I was eating breakfast before my training. Aunt Centuri, as she asked me to call her, came over to me and offered a glass of water. I thanked her and took a sip. All of a sudden, Eternia came in and excused me. "Mother, It is time for his training. Please excuse us."

We went out to the forest and found an open space that was vaguely familiar. I recognized it as the place Kiri fell asleep in a couple of days before we moved. "Ok, so we'll focus on your manipulation of things I guess." she spoke flipping through a large, black, leather-bound book. She started demonstrating something. "Point your hands out like this." she instructed and I followed. "You see that tree? Focus on a point somewhere and keep your attention on that point. Make it as if you are forcing a vine like commanding it to come out. If you are successful, you will be able to have a vine in your control" I focused in the very center of it. And then I tried forcing a vine out. I saw a little stem coming out but my fatigue got the best of me and my arms dropped. I grunted out of frustration. "Its ok." Eternia reassured me. After a few more attempts and a lot of frustration, I got the vine out and was now learning how to make it do my bidding. "Just think of it as an Ilu or your Ikran. Once you have it tamed, all you have to do is think for it to do something." she guided me.

An hour of practice later, an empty can stood before me. "Make your vine wrap around the can and crush it." Eternia said. I stuck my arm, hand open, and forced the vine into my control. Then I thought 'Crush the can.' The vine slithered on the floor like a snake towards the can and roped itself around it. Then, it tightened its grip and crushed the can with a crumbling noise. "You did it!" Eternia cheered.