Chapter Three - If Anybody's Friend Be Dead

Y/n pov

"What do you think she's doing out there?" Enid questions, in a hushed tone.

We had just come back from sneaking food out of the kitchens as, a distraction from the full moon tonight. Wednesday's silhouette sat in the window, moonlight cascading around her. She shuffled around with something in front of her, before raising what seemed to be a bow, and making a sharp motion down with her arm.

Music soon filled the room, I let my eyes close for a second at the sound, before dumping the profit of Enid and I's escapade onto her bed, and meeting her eyes.

We nodded at each other.

Enid wordlessly exits through the window, I follow behind her.

"How the hell did you get that oversized violin out the window?" Enid questions

I crane my head around Enid to see the instrument. "That's a cello."

"I had an extra hand." Wednesday answers.

I wave at Thing

"Whoa... Where's the rest of him?" Enid asks

Huh. I didn't think to ask that.

"It's one of the great Addams family mysteries."

The furs start howling in the distance. I wish they'd go out further to wolf out. A part of me feels like they're louder than they need to be just to rub it in Enid's face.

"Why aren't you wolfing out?" Wednesday queries.

I can see Enid tense at the question.

"Because I can't." She admits. Walking toward the railing, she exposes her claws. "It's all I got." She retracts them again. "My mom says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've been to the best Lycanologist." She paused. "I had to fly to Milwaukee, would you believe it?" She huffs out a sorrowful laugh."Yeah, she says there's a chance I may never... you know."

"What happens then?" Wednesday offers.

"I'd become a lone wolf." Enid breathes out.

Which is bullshit, really. She doesn't conform to the standards of what people think a werewolf should be, and the people who are supposed to love her unconditionally, her pack, is gonna just up and abandon her?

"Sounds perfect."

"Are you kidding me? My life would be officially over. I'd be kicked out of my family pack with no prospect of finding a mate." Enid's breath picks up.

"I'm failing to see the problem here." Wednesday responds.

"I could die alone!" Enid adds, exasperated.

"We all die alone, Enid." Wednesday reasons.

Fair

"You really suck at this, Cheering people up." She starts to tear up. "You're almost worse than y/n!"

It's not my fault that my coping mechanism is finding distractions.

Wednesday looks over at me, eyes wide as enid starts bawling. I shrug and go pat Enid on the shoulder.

"Why are you crying?" Wednesday asks.

"Because I'm upset! Haven't you ever cried, or are you above that too?" Enid erupts.

Wednesday pauses for a second, like she's mulling something over in her head. "It was the week after Halloween." She starts. "I was six years old. I took my pet scorpion, Nero, out for his afternoon stroll, and we were ambushed." She sighs. "They wondered what kind of freak would have a scorpion for a pet."

I wonder what type of shitheads would harrass a little girl for having an unusual pet.

"Two of them held me down and made me watch..." she takes another breath before continuing "...while the others ran Nero over until..." She doesn't finish her sentence, looking off into the distance. "It was snowing when I buried what was left of him. I cried my little black heart out." Her tone changes a bit. "But tears don't fix anything. So I vowed to never do it again." She finishes.

The furs get loud again.

"Your secret's safe with me." Enid decides, nudging me, a cue to give my input.

"I mean, I don't really talk to anyone outside of this balcony, so you don't really have to worry about me telling anyone. My lips are sealed though,for what it's worth." I ramble out.

"Still think you're weird as shit, though." Enid adds.

"The feeling is incredibly mutual." Wednesday responds. She pauses to think for a second. "How would you like your single room back?"

It seems a plan is brewing in her head.
"You just need to show me how to use your computer."

~°●°~°●°~°●°~{timeskip}~°●°~°●°~°●°~

"Alright, now you press this to answer a call, and this to end one and exit the window." Enid finishes explaining.

I wonder where thing is by now.

"We'll leave you to it. Come on, y/n." She tugs on my sleeve, I reluctantly follow her to the other side of the room, stealing one last glance at Wednesday.

(A/n: ahhh!! It's been a while. I've had an interesting week, to say the least{for context, check my profile wall}. I'm actually posting this on my grandmother's deathiversary, so I hoped y'all liked it. I had started this on January 16th but I get weird with deadlines and such sometimes. Anyway, the picture at the top of the chapter is the fitcheck, if y/n is wearing something other than the uniform, and there isn't an opening to describe the outfit, there will probably be a fitcheck the same format that this one is, for future reference.)