𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

Years have passed by, during that time the four of us caught up with everything that happened to us during our time apart. I told them everything that had happened to my mum and the necklace she gave me which looking down, is really pretty. I then told them all about the Walters and how they took me in as their own and how Mr Walter would train me everyday before I joined the cadet core.

Eren tried to explain what happened that day but couldn't as not that long into the explanation he was chocked up by the sudden wave of memories flooding his mind. I clutched on to his hand in reassurance.

Armin carried on from where Eren left off which wasn't that much, Mikasa looked down as Armin spoke about the titan eating Mrs. Yeager while Eren grip on my hand tighten. Murder was shown in the reflection of his eyes as Armin spoke on the topic. His head was down as tears brimmed his eyes waterline as for Mikasa, who was sitting there looking at Eren with pity. Even though you could see the pain in her eyes, she was trying not to show it. I sent her a pitiful look, as for Eren I squeezed his hand while slowly rubbing small circles with my thumb on his hand.

Today was just a rest day. Every six months, we get a day to rest and wonder. And, of course, I get up at sunrise on this day. I just laid there on the bottom bunk under Sasha, staring up at the mattress above and hearing the snores also coming from above.

As I picked up the beautiful hardback book I'd placed on the side of my bed, I turned to face the wall. A love fairytale, it's cute, it's heartwarming, something that could never happen in this world. You may love someone, but the fear of losing them is a daily occurrence due to the possibility of a Titan outburst at any time.

I read for hours until people began to wake up, and then I turned over to see Mikasa staring at me from the other side of the room. I smiled at her, holding up my book to show her, and she smiled back as she turned over to stare at the mattress above.

"Mikasa" I said receiving a hm in return

"Do you wanna like go outside and get fresh air with me?"

She nodded as she rolled out of bed, her hair all over her head; damn, she really does get bed hair. I followed her out of the cabin, stepping outside to find it much colder than I had anticipated. The wind felt nice as it brushed against my face as I followed Mikasa over to a bench, where she sat, prompting me to do the same.

We sat there in silence, enjoying each other's company peaceful listening to the birds in the distance and the sounds the trees make as the wind blows passed them. We are the quiet ones among the group; the boys usually do the talking.

"Hey, Y/N, are you okay" I turned towards her confused at her sudden question.

"Yeah, why"

"Are you sure, I always see you waking up in the middle of the night troubled by something and everytime I wake up in the mornings your already gone"

I froze as I looked at her. She caught on—was I really that loud? Did other people notice? I turned away from her.

"Was I really that loud? Do you think other people noticed? I didn't want to wake you; I'm so sorry."

"No, don't worry, I'm a light sleeper, especially since Eren used to get them a lot when we were at the fields after the fall."

I looked up at her slowly with concern in my eyes, "Eren use to get them?"

"Y/N, lets not worry about him and worry about you for once"

"Mikasa, I'm fine; it's just that ever since that day I've been struggling with insomnia; my sleep gets disrupted by the same nightmare over and over again every night; it's always the same one." "And I doubt it will ever go away." She didn't say anything; she just hugged me tightly.

"It's fine, Y/N; if you have one again, just let me know," she said.

"Thank you, Mikasa," I simply smiled back as we let go.

The bell began to ring, signalling that it was time for breakfast, leading everyone to leave their cabins and proceed to the mess hall.

I grabbed my food and walked over to the table where Connie, Jean, and Sasha sat, with whom I have grown very close over time.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N,  Can you eat a Banana whole"

"Pardon" I looked up from my tray at her, while Eren sat opposite me, followed by Mikasa and Armin, who placed their trays on the table as they sat around it.

"I said can you eat a ba-"

"No,no,no I heard what you said" I heard giggling starting to come from the other side of Sasha

"Whats so funny" Sasha said with her mouthful towards connie and jean.

"You ask, HAHAHAHA, what kind of question is that?" Connie was laughing so hard, I just kept eating and felt eyes on me, causing me to look through my brows and see Yeager looking at me with a puzzled expression. As the three on my left continued to discuss Sashas' question, I simply shrugged at him for continuing to eat.

"No but Y/N can you? Is it possible" I looked at her dead in the eye with a 'are you for real face'

"I don't know never tried it" I said causing Jean and Connies eyes to look at me and Mikasa letting a out soft snigger

"Are we still talking about bananas"

"Shut it, Jean." rolling my eyes and picking my tray up as I finished my food and left the table to put it away. I came back and sat down in my original spot, laying my head on top of my hands as I just listened in on their conversation. Looking to my left at the idiotic trio, I turned my head slightly and looked at Eren, who was laughing with the rest. I just smiled at his direction; his eyes are just so pretty.

He then turned around in my direction, catching me red-handed as I quickly turned away, facing back towards Sashas's lot. I gave him a small side-eye as I noticed him smirking and covering up that blush he thinks isn't visible. I simply rolled my eyes in response, a small smile on my face.

Everyone finally decided to leave the mess hall as we all well over spent our stay. As I walked out onto the creeky patio facing the field, I noticed someone standing beside me.

"It's nice to have a rest isn't it" A very recognisable voice spoke out

"I never thought I would here you say something positive about resting" Eren just rolled his eyes at my comment looking down at me.

"Also can you please stop growing your making me look shorter then I already am"

"Aww is little Y/N mad" he said messing up my hair

"Shut your mouth Yeager your not cute or funny"

"Well if I wasn't so cute why are you always staring at me" he said hunching over to face me in my eye line causing me to glue back my breathe. He was close. Very close.

"Cause you always be dragging attention to that musty face of yours" pushing his face away from mine as I walk down the stairs so he wouldn't see my pink cheeks.

"Hey" he yelled out walking after me trying to catch up which wasn't hard for him of course.

We just walked around talking about whatever came to mind as we practically did laps around the field. It was nice, it was just the two of us, it was peaceful.

We came to a halt as we approached a tree that overlooked the field of trees I discovered the first night we joined the cadets.

"I came here before, when we first joined the cadets, and I sat out here at night when I couldn't sleep; it was so lovely." I turned around walking over towards Eren as he was already sat up the tree leading me to join him. Once I sat down I rested my head on his shoulder. He tensed at first but quickly became relaxed.

"I like this spot; the view is so pretty." I then turned my head towards Eren, gaining his eye contact, mesmerised by his shining emerald-colored eyes once again when I spoke out.

"Just like you"

HELLO:)
I love a good classic cheesy romance line ;)
You like this little filler chapter