Chapter 6

Coworkers all around Kaden were shutting off monitors and getting their outerwear on. It was making Kaden more restless, as he looked in every direction of the massive office area. In not too long, Lyon would be here, telling the receptionist that Kaden was expecting him.

     Soon enough... he saw the shadow, as it made its way through one of the hallways connected to the office. Kaden could immediately recognize the hair and shirt he had become so familiar with. Despite it being a new place for Lyon, he still seemed confident and in his element. At least from what Kaden could see from afar.

     Kaden got up from his chair and hurried out into the hallway to greet him.

     "Look at that. Kaden's got a jacket on. How professional." Though he was teasing, he did seem to be enjoying the view.

     "Not bad, huh?" As Kaden spoke, Lyon took a step closer to him.

     "Not bad... but I'd prefer you without anything..." His voice lowered to a whisper, making Kaden's cheeks and ears turn a dark shade of red. Lyon stepped back again, face purposefully innocent.

     "Demon."

     Lyon chuckled. Making Kaden flustered was a little too much fun for him.

     "Hmm... That could be a good costume. Maybe with some chains as well..."

     It was clear Kaden was getting some good mental images. He had gone still and was looking off to the side with a guilty expression.

     "Wait, stop this. We have things to do." Kaden exclaimed, only making it more obvious. Lyon's smile widened, as he gestured a hand toward the rest of the hallway.

     "Of course. Lead the way."

     Kaden walked past Lyon, giving him a side glance as he did. With a smug grin still showing, Lyon followed after him.

     The door slowly creaked open, revealing an awfully calm-looking man. He didn't seem even a little bothered by their intrusion. Ivan was standing by his personal desk, two impressively muscular people next to him.

     "Keep it down, would you? Your flirting is making me miss fucking Kaden." As coarse as ever. Ivan walked past the side of his desk to stand in front of it, crossing his arms. Kaden hadn't been aware that they were probably speaking somewhat loudly close to Ivan's office. But he was much more worked up by his words

     "I couldn't possibly miss anything less than that."

     Ivan scoffed, as his eyes bore into Kaden's.

     "Really?"

     Lyon noticed how quiet Kaden had become, the way he looked away to avoid eye contact with Ivan. Some feelings still lingered.

     "...I'm not going to waste my breath and stroke your ego."

     The corners of Ivan's mouth curled up further, victorious.

     "I hope you realize what you just said. Consider it stroked."

     Kaden furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the two who were standing further back. All he got from Aaron and Vaida were apologetic faces and some uncomfortable shifting.

     Lyon had to step in, eyes solely on the intimidating man in front of him.

     "What did your parents make you do?" He wanted to get straight to the point. Lyon was clearly passionate about the topic. Ivan shifted his gaze from Kaden to him. His smile faded away—eyes much colder—as he stared Lyon down.