Aggravation (GlitchedMeat)

Pairing: Error x Horror
Word count: 638
A/N: Super short fic I wrote last night whilst half asleep! Best ship!

-----

"You seem irritated."

On any typical day Error would've laughed and made a slight remark on how he just didn't like the AU, but after being forced into a fight three separate times on the way to see his boyfriend, he wasn't really in the mood for games.

"Y-Yeah. Got you your f-food."

Error threw the satchel onto Horror's sentry station, noting that the wood upholding it had begun to rot again. Originally it was every couple of months he'd have to steal a station from another AU to keep Horror happy, but now it felt like twice or even thrice a month.

He wasn't an idiot, he knew of the dwindling supplies of the AU along with how it would be best if Horror just lived with him in the Anti-void, but Horror thought differently. He could do little to help without attracting the attention of that blasted Creator along with his supporters, and so he settled with bringing food to the AU every so often.

"What happened on the way here?"

Horror also wasn't an idiot - Error's ideas were flawed and unsafe - but he knew outright saying that Error was wrong could spark an argument, and given how Error was his one link to a high chance of survival he really didn't want to risk a single thing going wrong.

"Got a-attacked. Thrice. I mean I-I knew shit was bad here and all of these a-abominations would be desperate but desperate enough to fight me?! W-What a joke.."

Horror pulled out a cut of raw meat from the satchel and held it up, inspecting it.

"Cut 'em some slack, Error. It's not like any of us have a choice right now.. I'm sure after this is all over you'll be able to befriend 'em."

Error crossed his arms and leaned against the sentry station, the snow beneath him gradually getting more annoying as time went on. "Tch.."

Horror bit into the meat and began to eat it as his boyfriend stood there in silence.

It was commonplace for them nowadays. It's not as if there was a lack of communication between them, it was a problem with the AU itself. When the pair were situated within Nightmare's castle walls they were relatively chatty with each other, but when it came to a place they absolutely could not be seen together in.. it was silently decided between them to forego any sort of transparency that they were dating. Well.. apart from Horror's brother who was well aware of the two.

Error's appearance attracting people's attention was common, but that was the case in a large majority of AUs. Both he and Horror had been questioned about it, both having drastically different answers.

The first time someone had asked about it, it took all of Horror's strength to stop Error from attacking them, and even then Error only stopped because he noticed the magic output was hurting his boyfriend. Horror had a tendency to shrug and say he wasn't sure, but he made sure they knew not to directly go ask Error himself. If they did anyway.. he'd have to take the blame for whatever happened after that.

It was worth it, though. It got Error outside of the Anti-void more often whilst having the added bonus of free stuff. Who could deny that?

From an outsider's perspective it was as if there was a business trade going on between two strangers, one guy waiting idly as the other inspects the contents inside of a suspiciously high quality bag. For them, though?

For them it was quality time with each other, doing their own things in silence as the wind continued through Snowdin. For them it was silent acts of love; they couldn't ask for anything more from each other.