4 | LIKABLE

YOU FUCKING HATE ME, PRINCESS.

The Yokohama station was coming up as Kliment stood in the aisle with Tangerine and Lemon, keeping her back to her brother's body

The Yokohama station was coming up as Kliment stood in the aisle with Tangerine and Lemon, keeping her back to her brother's body. She instructed both hitmen to step off the train and search for anyone leaving with their silver briefcase. Lemon would step off on the right-hand exits while Tangerine would take the left, needing eyes on both sides of the platform.

"We'll make sure he doesn't step a foot off this train," Tangerine assured Kliment. Then he looked at Lemon. "You see the case, deal with whoever has it."

"All right, how do I do that? Talk to him, or, like, talk to him?" Lemon asked, gesturing to the gun underneath his denim jacket.

Tangerine looked at him unimpressed. "I don't know, why don't you tell him about the story about how Gordon met Percy, and how Percy's now bleeding from his fucking eye sockets! Fuckin' kill him—"

"Don't fucking kill him," Klim interrupted. She glared back and forth at the twins. "If you find him, bring him back to me."

"What are you gonna do? Question him?" Lemon asked, tilting his head.

"If the person with that briefcase killed my brother, then I'm going to tear his fingernails out, I'm going to detach his eyeballs from his optic nerves, I'm going to tear his kidney out like it's a real-life game of Operation."

"Christ," Tangerine muttered, seeing the darkness in her eyes. Suddenly, the thought that she was the White Death's daughter didn't seem so farfetched. "Yeah, we'll bring 'em right to you, Princess. Put a bow on him and everythin'."

As the bullet train slowly began to stop, the trio split up. As each brother stepped off the train, Kliment remained in the car, keeping watch over Vasili's body.

No, her relationship with her brother hadn't been perfect, but it was better than the nothing she shared with Gedeon. She certainly cared more for him than their father. Kliment couldn't help but wonder if he'd even bat an eye over Vasili's death — after all, she was the one that the twins' order said to protect the most.

Tangerine argued at first about leaving her unattended, even if only for a minute. But in a matter of seconds, Kliment had her hidden knife digging into his neck and his revolver in hand, which she'd swiped without him even knowing.

Chips and tea off a snack cart weren't the only things she'd ever stolen in her life, she told him.

After that, Tangerine shut up and got his gun back, trusting that she could be left alone for sixty seconds. And she could, going completely unbothered along with her brother's body as people got on and off the train, none of whom had a silver briefcase in hand as they passed her.

Once alone with her brother, she couldn't help the guilt coursing through her veins all of the sudden. Vasili's last request was that she cut him loose just like she had herself. Now, because she wanted to play a little joke on him, he was dead. Perhaps he could've defended himself — could still be alive — if she freed him.