7 | LEMON

DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU AREN'T HURT.

"Fuck Carver

"Fuck Carver."

As Ladybug muttered the words, Kliment looked at him sharply. The three of them were still standing at the back of the train as they neared yet another stop. She was leaning against Tangerine, who had his arm around her waist while Ladybug stood across from them.

"Carver?" Kliment asked, raising an eyebrow. She'd heard the name at least twenty times from her father since the death of her mother — and up until now, she thought that must have been Ladybug's real name.

"The guy I'm covering for," the American grumbled. "He's got food poisoning supposedly. I think he just didn't want to come to work today. If you ever meet him, he's a dick."

Yeah, she thought in agreement, he also killed my mother, so there was that too. Boy, was her father gonna be pissed when he found out about this.

"Well, you drew the short end of the stick then, Butterfly," Klim told him, not giving anything away.

"C'mon," Ladybug whined, not appreciating the incorrect name use.

"I didn't even know you guys got sick days in this line of work," she thought, glancing up at Tangerine, leaning her head on his chest as she did so.

Tangerine shrugged in response. "Throwin' your guts up kinda makes it hard to sneak around and off people, don't ya think?"

"Yeah, you probably would've had more trouble rescuing me if you were sick or running a fever."

Tangerine rested his chin on her shoulder, a smirk on his lips as he spoke by her ear. "Trust me, Princess, you've got me burnin' up all on your own."

"Like the Jonas Brothers song," Ladybug interjected, nodding along as if he was still part of the conversation.

Kliment rolled her eyes in amusement at him. "You're a real mood killer, Mr. Bug."

He squinted at her, pretending to be suspicious. "Have you been talking to my exes?" he asked, earning a halfhearted snort from Tangerine.

Perhaps all of them would've been friends if they hadn't met under such dire circumstances.

Soon, it was announced that the train would be stopping again in a minute. Only about ten minutes had passed between the last one. The longest uninterrupted portion of the train ride would be between the last two stops, giving anyone left alive a good thirty minutes to freak out before reaching the White Death's army of men waiting to kill who was remaining.

"You both know what's waiting for us in Kyoto," Ladybug commented, glancing at Klim as he thought of her father.

"Mm-hmm," Tangerine hummed simply, letting Kliment mindlessly toy with the rings on his free hand.