5 | BREATHE HIM IN

SO, LIKE, A WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S BIT?

Kliment was seated next to her dead brother's body while Tangerine stood over Lemon's

Kliment was seated next to her dead brother's body while Tangerine stood over Lemon's. He pulled him upright before smacking him across the face to rouse him. Lemon woke instantly and also smacked Tangerine on instinct, causing him to drop down in the last empty seat.

"Fuck me!" Tangerine swore, holding his stinging cheek.

"I'm trying," Kliment joked halfheartedly.

Tangerine shot her a curt look while biting back a smirk before looking back at his brother who was finally coming around, getting more alert. "There he is."

"He - he got by me," Lemon admitted with a grimace.

"Yeah. Yeah, us, too," he said, sighing as he leaned against the back of the chair, feeling a little ashamed of losing the American so easily. Then Tangerine glanced at Vasili and Kliment. "Well, I guess our best option now is, uh, bring the White Death Kliment and the man who killed his son."

"Yeah, but glasses didn't do it," Lemon said, shaking his head. Kliment sat a little straighter, wanting to know more even if Tangerine didn't.

"I could give a rat's ass—"

Lemon cut his bitter brother off. "No, I'm telling you. I read him. He's not the type, mate."

"Are you sure?" Kliment asked him, needing to know for certain. She didn't give a damn about the briefcase if the thief wasn't the one that killed Vasili.

"Positive, poppet," he told her.

"Uh, I'll tell you what, do you like your arms?" Tangerine asked him.

"You know I like my arms," Lemon said to him flatly, clearly annoyed.

"Well, then someone's got to take the blame, don't they?"

"Well, look, the next station is still ten minutes out," Kliment spoke up, a new idea coming to mind. "Lemon, wake yourself up some more before we decide the next step. I'll be back in a few minutes — need to use the washroom."

"Right," Tangerine said, standing as she did.

"You're not walking me to the bathroom," Klim said, scoffing. "I don't need a babysitter."

"Someone on this train seems to have a thing for killing children of the White Death. And what are you? Oh, that's fucking right," Tangerine said, rolling his eyes. "You're not going anywhere alone."

"Tan," she said, leaning in close to him, "you follow me to the bathroom, and I'll let my father floss his teeth with your spine — case or no case."

At her threat, Tangerine only smirked knowingly. "You already admitted to not hating me, love. Can't take that back."

"Stay here," she huffed while pushing on his chest. He let her guide him back to his seat. Before she could back away, he slipped his revolver into her hands, making her raise her eyebrows. "I'm just going a few feet away."