• chapter 7

♥︎

"Wait.. you're sure you have feelings for the both of them?" Nene asked, her voice a bit shaky.

This was bad, really bad.

First of all, Nene herself has a huge crush on Emu.

But Tsukasa likes Emu, but he also likes Rui and Rui only likes Tsukasa!

"Yes, yes I'm sure! But.. my feelings to Emu, they feel different. It's not.. romantic?" Tsukasa awkwardly said.

"..What?" Now Nene was confused. What could he mean?

"She feels like a younger sister to me but.. I know she doesn't see me that way." The blonde haired male said, with a sad expression.

"I'm trying to convince myself I like her back, but I can't. But.. but I'd hate to break her heart!" He exclaimed in distress, a fearful expression on his face.

It's obvious that Tsukasa cares a lot for Emu, just like he does with his own younger sister Saki.

"So you.. you're only doing it for her?" Nene asked. She felt bad for Tsukasa, he's too selfless.

His true feelings towards Emu are platonic. It's all a misunderstanding.

"..Yes. That's basically it. How can I hint that I don't like her but.. without seeming rude?"

"We should talk about that sooner, okay? It's getting late. We have practice." Nene dismissed the topic.

It was starting to get a bit too much for her to process.

"Right..! I'll go call for Rui, you can leave without me!" Tsukasa shouted as he ran towards the school buildings door.

"Don't take too long!" She shouted back.

Gulping, Nene nervously made her way to Phoenix Wonderland.

With Tsukasa's choice of words, Nene could already know who Emu's crush is.

What a coincidence, every member of wonderlands x showtime has fallen for one another.

———

It seems that Nene was the first to arrive at the Wonder Stage.

She sighed, putting her face into her hands as she sat on a bench right infront of the stage.

It's been such a stressful day, and yet there was more to come.

"Wonderhoy!" A voice said right behind the green haired female.

"Oh! Emu, don't scare me like that again..!" Nene said out of slight fear.

"It's called a super sparkly wonder-wonderhoy surprise attack!" Emu responded with glee.

"Ofcourse it's called that.." Nene slightly smiled, her crush was so childish at times. It was lovable.

"Heheh! Ooh, Nene! Look what I drew earlier! Me, Honami and Shinononome-San made this together!" Emu pulled out a colorful drawing of an octopus.

"It's very cute!" Nene said, she wasn't really lying. It was an adorable drawing!

"Hehehe, thanks!" Emu responded with a happy smile, hugging Nene.

This caused Nene to blush, oh no.

Yet she hugged back and hid her face in Emus shoulder, due to not wanting her to see her blushing face.

"Aw! Nene is cuddling me!" The pink haired girl said.

"Huh—?!"

"We're here!" A loud, confident voice said. Yes, it was Tsukasa and Rui running towards Nene and Emu.

"Fufufu.. did we interrupt something?" Rui teased as he saw Emu and Nene hugging.

"Yahoo! Tsukasa and Rui are here!" Emu exclaimed, dodging Ruis question.

Nene only responded with a shake of her head to Rui.

Emu let go of the hug, making Nene slightly frown. Instead, Emu went over to hug Tsukasa instead.

Nene noted that Emus cheeks were slightly flushing pink.

Oh.. so this confirms it. Emu really does like Tsukasa.

Nene felt her heart slightly break at this, not literally ofcourse.

Rui looked over to Nene, seeing her saddened face.

"Nene?" He called out to his childhood friend.

"I'm fine." She whispered to him, already knowing what he'd be asking.

Obviously, Rui wasn't convinced yet he let it go as they were about to start practicing for their next show.

"Alright, let's get to work!" Tsukasa exclaimed happily to the group and walked towards the back of the stage to get out the props needed.

"Tsukasa, I'll help with the props!" Emu ran after him, in order to get a bit closer to her crush.

"How about we go help them too, Nene?"

"..Yeah. Good idea, Rui." She said, getting off the bench and walked to the back of the wonder stage with Rui.

Sigh.. this was really getting difficult. How would Nene ever confess her feelings to Emu if she likes someone who doesn't even like her back..?

..Wait, wait!

This was an opportunity for Nene!

Emu would be telling Nene her feelings for Tsukasa after practice today, that means maybe.. just maybe Nene could hint out her feelings to Emu!

This could really work, couldn't it?!

Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.. there was a solution so easy to this all this time! 

Unless, something ruins that.

Hopefully not, right?

♥︎

• sorry for the late update:(