iv

Leo Valdez POV

Jason and Leo split ways after hanging up the brochures. They liked each other but they also shouldn't always be with each other. Leo wondered what Jason did when they weren't hanging out because he didn't seem to talk to anyone besides the 7, Nico, and Leo supposed now Will.

Leo wondered what made Nico so flustered when he came up to Jason and him but he figured it was unrelated. Nico always had something weird going on with him. And yet somehow Jason had cracked the code to his dark heart. It was funny how two people so different could get along so well.

As Leo walked around camp he decided to go to the infirmary and talk to Will. They had only really been talking for a day but Leo could sense that they would become good friends.

"Hey Will!" Leo called out as he saw the familiar blond sitting on a chair.

Will took his headphones off. "Oh hey! How'd setting everything up go?"

"Well," Leo stated. "Hey what are those headphones connected to? You know we can't have phones."

"Oh right," Will agreed as he pulled a small circular thing out of his pockets. "Discman."

"Why did I never think of that? I have a radio by my bed so I don't die at night!" Leo spoke with enthusiasm. "That's so cool! What are you listening to?"

"Toxicity. System Of A Down," he said nonchalantly.

"Metal, wow. I did not expect that from you," Leo was truly shocked. Will did not seem like the type of guy. 

"I listen to all types of music. A few of the Apollo kids have Discman's so we exchange CD's a lot. Jerry lent me this. I can only bring one to the infirmary with me so I just choose an album for the day," Will explained.

"That's-" Leo was flabbergasted, "Honestly really cool."

"I like to think so," Will smiled.

"I see there's not any injured people right now? That's good. I just wanted to stop by because I don't know you much but I think you're cool so we should get to know each other," Leo explained

"Yeah," Will gestured Leo to a chair for him to sit down which he obliged. "We met under I would like to say are not common circumstances."

"Probably not," Leo smiled.

"So what have you been up to this winter?" Will asked.

"Well I mostly just hanging out with Jason. We meet up every morning by the beach. We only spend a few hours a day apart from each other. And often times not even that." Leo began. "It's weird hanging out alone without the rest of the gang. We don't have any real memories of us alone before the fall. All mine were fake. I wonder why he didn't go back to Camp Jupiter though."

"I mean I love my family and place at home but Camp Half-Blood is also my home so I like to be here. This is where all my friends are and it's where I feel happy. Maybe that's how Jason feels too. Like this place is also his home." Will offered.

"Yeah..." Leo drifted out of conciseness. His brain deciding a push pin on the wall was a better thing to focus on.

Jason didn't talk to many people. Was Camp Half-blood his home because of Leo? Was he more of a "home is where the heart is" type of person and his heart was his friends? Leo liked to think so. But wouldn't Jason also have friends at Camp Jupiter? Jason didn't talk about Camp Jupiter much.

"Sorry, I was stuck in my brain," Leo shook his head.

"No worries. I get that," Will sympathized.

"Winter break for schools is soon, right? Are any of your friends coming back for that?" Will then asked.

"Oh yeah! They're all coming soon for one week of winter break. Even Frank and Hazel!" Leo exclaimed.

Will smiled, "That's fun. So next week is gonna be crazy huh?"

"Well I still have two nights. They don't come till Sunday," Leo laughed.

Will and Leo talked for a while. If was easy like how a friendship should be. There was no awkward small talk or anything. Gods Leo hated small talk. Soon enough Leo and Will headed over for dinner where they couldn't find Jason Once it was over they made their way to the head counsellor meeting and Mirabel took over in the infirmary just in case.

When the two got there it seemed like they were fashionably late as all the cabin head who were at camp were already there.

"Leo, Will come here!" Jason called them up to the front.

He gave Leo a quick hug before starting to speak, "So I know we don't usually have meetings during winters since there isn't much going on, and I don't lead these things. But you may have noticed some signs put up around camp or the brochures on the bulletin board. Leo, Will and I worked together to create LGBTQ things at camp so everyone feels accepted. I called this meeting simply to ask you guys all to take a poster and put it up in your cabin. And do help out and take one to a cabin who's lesd isn't here."

"We worked really hard to create these so everyone feels safe at camp," Will added.

"Is that all?" Connor asked. "That sounded rude. You guys did a good thing and I'm sure many people are excited about this. I just have plans."

"Meeting adjourned," Jason nodded and everyone filed out.

"Where were you during dinner?" Leo asked Jason after Will had left.

"Well do I have a treat for you," Jason smirked as he led them out the door.

"So during dinner I was talking to Miranda Gardner. Head counsellor of the Ceres- Demeter Cabin." Jason began.

"Right? And?" Leo questioned.

"Well the Demeter cabin is full of people who like plants right? So I found out some of the older kids there are growing weed and she gave me a joint. I figured we could smoke it. I guess they took goddess of harvest as goddess of weed," Jason proposed.

"What? Is that allowed? Does Chiron know?" Leo was wide eyed.

"No it's not allowed and no he doesn't know. But that man definitely has smoked weed before," Jason explained. "We don't have to if you don't want to."

"No I one hundred percent want to. I just didn't think it'd be something you're open to," Leo admitted. "Have you smoked weed before?"

Jason chuckled. "Camp Jupiter definitely does not have secret weed gardens. They'd be found immediately by a ghost or fawn. So no. Have you?"

"I've gotten chances but I've never taken them." Leo stated. "Growing up I was around it a lot."

Jason and Leo made their way into the Zeus cabin. The were really about to smoke weed. Leo was excited.

word count: 1166

A/N: I just know some fuckers at Camp Half-Blood are smoking weed. It's flooded with teens. Also I smoke so the high scene won't be awful and inaccurate.