vi

"You're gay," Leo repeated quietly so that Jason couldn't hear.

It made sense. Why had Leo never thought about the fact that someone could be like him? That Jason could be. Not to be rude but no one who was straight would come up with the idea to put signs and posters all around camp about the LGBTQ. The clues were all there. Maybe Leo just wasn't ready to accept his own feelings as real so how could he notice it in others?

"Leo? You there?" Jason snapped his hands in front of Leo's face.

"Sorry, I was lost in thought," Leo shook his head to wake him up.

"Can you tell me who you like then? People say I'm an excellent wingman. I'll help you," Leo questioned. Praying Jason would tell him.

Jason shook his head, "Fuck, dude. Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"Please don't, I'm dyslexic."

Jason Grace POV

Jason let out a small laugh to hype himself up, "Who do I spend every waking minute with? Who do I worry about and make sure they eat everyday? Who did I invite to smoke weed with me because I was hoping I could work up the confidence to tell him?"

"Oh," Leo let out a breath as he spoke.

The word stayed thick in the air.

"Fuck..." A tear dripped from Jason's eye. "Oh my gods."

Of course. No one could feel feelings toward Jason the way he did to them. He was hopeless. And now he probably lost a friend. Jason put his right hand to his face to cover it. He didn't know whether or not he was laughing or crying. Leo didn't feel the same way he just finally had a best friend. He wasn't gay he just actually read too many brochures while bored.

The thoughts spiralled around Jason like a whirlwind until he felt something physical touch him. Leo had sat on Jason's lap and wrapped his arms and legs around the blond.

Leo turned his head up to Jason's ear. His voice was a faint whisper, "Just so you know my crush is tall with short blond hair. He's an excellent fighter. He likes to make sure I eat. And he once asked me to smoke weed with him."

Wow.

Wow.

What had just happened? Was that actually real or was he just having one of those complex demi-god dreams?

"C'mon. Let's get some sleep," Leo suggested before Jason's thoughts could spiral deeper.

The boy made swift work as he pulled Jason under the blankets and snuggled up beside him. Leo laid his head on Jason's chest and the two lied in comfortable silence for just a few moments before Jason fell asleep. He was too high and tired to bother trying to cherish what was happening.

~~

The next morning Jason awoke with Leo still being where he was when they fell asleep. The sun was just barely peaking out from the clouds which gave Jason an idea. Slowly he got out of bed noticing he was still in his jeans and Camp Halfblood shirt from yesterday.

Jason grabbed a new set of clothes and went to the bathroom to change just in case Leo woke up. He brushed his teeth and combed his hair as well when he was in there. When returned to the main part of the cabin he saw Leo stirring in the bed.

"Hey superman," the brunette said groggily but still managing his classic flirtatious manor.

"It's sun up, let's go to the lake," Jason smiled.

"Aye aye Captain." Leo got out of the bed and ran his fingers through his hair before putting on his shoes and Jason's zip on hoodie that sat on a chair.

The two exited and slowly made their way to the lake. Leo laced his hand through Jason's which shocked the blond but he didn't complain. The wordless encounter was nice.

"So..." Jason began, "How was smoking weed?"

"Fun, very fun," Even a fool could hear the smile in Leo's voice.

They made it to the lake and walked the the edge of the dock. Jason looked out the riding sun before turning to look at Leo. His deep brown eyes stared into Jason's. The story they told was deeper then any ever written. The duo's hands were still intertwined and the distance between them was small.

Jason raised his free hand to Leo's cheek, "Can I kiss you?"

"If you can answer my riddle," Leo smirked.

The blond rolled his eyes, "Alright."

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Leo's gaze fell down to their joined hands.

"That's not a riddle-"

"Just answer the question."

"Yes, I will be your boyfriend." Jason removed his hand from Leo's and instead placed it on the others waist. "Did I get the riddle correct?"

"Yes," Leo eyes met Jason's before flashing to his lips.

Jason took that as a sign to lean down and plant a soft kiss on Leo's lips. It wasn't long but it was enough to give Jason a bigger rush than a cup of coffee could.

Leo's arms rested around Jason's neck. Jason decided to wrap his arms tight around Leo's body and to lean his head down on the boys shoulders.

"Gods bless weed, eh?" Leo questioned.

"I like to think I would've told you without smoking but we both know I'm terrible with my feelings." Jason smiled into the crook of Leo's neck.

"That you are," Leo chuckled.

"Hey!" Jason scoffed but he laughed equally as hard as Leo.

"Wow," Jason breathed as he pulled Leo tightly into a hug. "You're the best friend I've ever had."

"Ditto."

"Was I good first kiss?" Jason teased as the two sat down on the dock putting their feet in the water.

"I forgot I told you that," Leo hid his hands with his face.

"Was I?" Jason pulled Leo's hands away from his face causing their eyes to meet.

"Yes, Jason. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way," Leo reached his hand up to Jason's cheek to pull him into a second kiss.

Leo let out a small laugh, "I've wanted to do that for an embarrassingly long time. It just took me long to not hate myself for it."

"Actually," Jason clasped his hands together and twiddled his thumbs nervously. "There's something I should probably tell you."

Jason look from his hands, to the water, to Leo, then back to his hands. He didn't know how to phrase what he had to say next. Wanted to say next.

Word count: 1093