v

Leo Valdez POV

Once the two of the entered the cabin Leo sat downs and lied back right on Jason's bed. Jason reached under his pillow and grabbed something. Leo sat up to look at what it was. Has had pulled out a little plastic bag with two joints inside.

"Those are massive. Honestly I see being able to sneak plants into camp but how do they get enough papers?" Leo questioned.

"Miranda says they usually use pipes or bongs but she had some papers that one of the campers who leaves camp brought back. She said she didn't want me to worry about packing the bowl," Jason explained.

"We're not having both right?" Leo questioned. He learned enough about weed in his days and didn't want to smoke too much especially on his first time.

Jason shook his head. "Nah we'll share one. That way we'll have more for another time."

"This is exciting. I've always wanted to smoke weed but I've never had anyone I was confortable enough with to try it," Leo said.

Jason opened the small bag and withdrew one of the joints. Leo could smell it a bit when it was in the bag but once Jason had taken it out the smell had become much more apparent.

"Shit, I don't have a lighter!" Jason exclaimed.

"Dude," Leo stated while producing a small flame from his hand. "I am the lighter."

"Right," Jason shook his head. "Let's go for a walk to smoke this."

The two gathered themselves and put their shoes back on then left for a walk. They ended up on their side by side on the beach. The water at night was a truly beautiful sight. It was later than Leo thought. It was around 11pm. Many campers were likely awake but they'd be in their cabins so as long as Jason and Leo stayed quiet they should get away with it.

"This is surreal," Leo said. "I never thought I'd have anyone I considered close enough to want to do something like this with."

"Same. I also never expected me to try drugs," Jason explained.

"I thought I'd be a hardcore addict by now," Leo admitted. "Shall we light this?"

"Yeah."

Jason held out the end of the joint that had no filter for Leo to light. Leo produced a small flame from his hand to light it. Jason brought it up to his mouth and took a hit. He then immediately started coughing which caused Leo to laugh.

"Oh my Gods," Jason said through a fit of coughs. "How about instead of laughing you give it a try?"

"Alright," Leo agreed while grabbing the stick from Jason. "I'm not going to cough though."

"Yeah, sure," Jason mocked.

Leo rolled his eyes before taking a hit. He coughed a little but not as much as Jason. He lived in houses that basically had intense air pollution when he was younger. So he was used to breathing in smoke even though he'd never tried weed himself.

"See easy," Leo wore a smug smile as he passed it back to Jason.

"It's so cold," Jason complained as he scrunched himself up in a ball.

"Need me to warn you with my body heat?" Leo jokingly offered.

Jason rolled his eyes."I think the weed's getting to your head."

"It will be if you hand me back the joint."

Leo didn't know how to feel about smoking weed. It was something he always figured he'd do but it seemed out of character for Jason. He never would've expected Jason to be the one to suggest it. The two sat by the beach for about twenty minutes until they were too cold to justify staying out.