vii

Leo Valdez POV

"There's something I should probably tell you," Jason look nervous. His eyes darted around the scenery.

All Leo could think about was what if he thought it was a mistake? What if Jason was still high and didn't actually mean it? Did Leo take advantage of him?

"It's just hard to say," Jason breathed.

"You don't have to tell me," Leo let out a small smile.

"No, I want to. There's just some things that happened at Camp Jupiter that I haven't told anyone. Besides Nico yesterday." Leo could notice the tears forming in Jason's eyes.

"I'm here for you," Leo reached for the blonds hand which Jason graciously accepted.

"Thanks," Jason's lips formed a half smile. "When I was younger I made a friend at Camp Jupiter. She told me she was a lesbian and explained what that meant. I didn't care because no one taught me what homophobia was. She helped me realize I was gay. So many people joked about us dating that she got fed up and told everyone she was a lesbian. Some kids who had fucked up values decided to pick a fight." Jason choked up. "She got rlly hurt. She- she died."

Leo climbed onto Jason's lap and wrapped his arms as tightly as he could around his now boyfriend. Jason hugged back with the same amount of enthusiasm.

Leo felt terrible for how much Jason had felt like he hide to hide from him. It wasn't fair that he had to carry that alone ever since he begun getting his memories back. He was glad that now they could lift the weight together.

"I'm sorry for telling you all that. I really didn't want to be in a relationship with someone and hide that from them. I understand if you feel differently now." Jason's tears hadn't subsided.

Jason," Leo put his hands on Jason's cheeks and look him right in the eye. "You are my favourite person in the whole world. I could never see you in a bad light."

Leo wiped Jason's tears with his thumbs and smiled at Jason. The two stayed silent for a few moments just to appreciate the scene happening.

"You're so perfect," Jason said as he stood up and placed Leo on the ground. "I wanted to create the signs so no kid would ever have to go through what she had to. No one should have to feel unsafe for just being who they are."

"You're so caring and thoughtful," Leo leaned against the other. "You're the perfect one."

"C'mon," Jason grabbed Leo's hand. "Let's get breakfast."

The two walked hand in hand to the dinning pavilion. The sun was risen and there was campers up and eating. It was a beautiful day and the two of them had a beautiful start to it.

Leo dropped Jason's hand as they approached others, "Sorry," he muttered.

"Don't be," Jason whispered back. "I'm not to keen on everyone finding out immediately either."

Leo sighed, "I spent the whole fall and winter trying to come to terms with my identity. It's hard to let people I'm hardly friends with find out before those we care about."

"We can tell the gang whenever we're ready," Jason assured.

Leo couldn't believe what had happened that morning. He had a boyfriend now. An actual boyfriend who liked him back. That was something that he never expected himself to acquire. It was something to cherish.

Negative thoughts prodded him here and there throughout their breakfast but for once Leo was strong enough to shut them out. He couldn't let the voices ruin more of his life than they already had. He was happy.

It was their last day before hurricane prophecy crew showed up and Leo hoped to make the most of it.

Word count: 634

A/N: Short Chapter :(