Chapter 28: The High Guardians

"I... remember you..!" I said, realizing who this is. "I'm not... letting you out anymore... not after... what happened... back then!" I said, almost losing my balance. "I will come back, I'll just take over your body again when you least expect it."

I yelled at the top of my lungs, finally lifting up Michael's foot. "Woah, this one is powerful!" Michael said as his foot was being raised. "Mind Radar!" I said, searching which demon was near me, until I noticed Max tending to Luke who returned to his normal form but was out cold. I quickly teleported to Max but collapsed right next to him out of exhaustion. "God dammit Chris!" Max said as he tried to carry both of us. "Let me help, I'll carry the green one!" A female demon said as she carried Luke and followed Max.

"Max watch out!!" Alexander said as he appeared behind Max, catching a spear with his hands. Since the spear belonged to The Guardians, it burned Alexander's hands so he threw it back at them. Max looked behind and noticed Raphael was the one who threw it, targeting me.

"Alexander here, take Chris and Luke with the others, I'll buy you guys some time to wake them up!" Max said. "Some time, for what?!" Alexander asked. Max pointed at The Guardians.

"Max no, it's too dangerous for you!" Alexander said. "Go... and don't wait for me!" Max said. Alexander paused, looking at Max's eyes, showing the commitment Max is willing to give. Alexander then turns and takes me to the others while the female demon followed him.

"Alright, let's see what these angels can do!" Max said, summoning his sword and daggers, and leaped into the air towards The Guardians. "Not without me!" Tom said as he teleported next to Uriel's head, kicking it as hard as he could, making Uriel fall to the ground.

"Tom?!" Max asked as he clashed his sword with Michael's forearm. "Did you think I'd let you have all the fun?!" Tom asked as he dove down to Uriel, using his flames on him.

Max grinned and climbed up Michael's arm and up to his head. "Get off of me!" Michael said as he tried to grab Max, but Max teleported himself away from Michael's hand and winded up his fist, "Flame Fist!" Max said as he punched Michael.

"Are you really letting these two demons hit you?!" Raphael said as he grabbed Tom from Uriel and threw him into the sky. Raphael quickly followed behind and flew above of Tom, focusing only on him. "Targeted Holy Presence!" Raphael said, making Tom instantly fall to the ground, slamming down and unable to get back up.

"Tom!!" Max said as he tried to fly to him but was stopped by Michael, who grabbed him before he could get away.

Tom tries to stand up, pushing himself to at least be on his four, but the ability was too strong for him to counter. "There's nothing you can do now demon, you can't even use an ability to counter an angel like me!" Raphael said as he landed back down.

Tom realized what he can do and quickly does it, "Demonic... Presence!" He said, countering Raphael's presence. Tom was able to stand back up and rushed towards Raphael.

Max, after noticing Tom was okay, teleported out of Michael's hand and appeared in front of him, flying with his wings. "Broken Mind!" Max said, stunning Michael for a few seconds. "This should buy me some time." Max said to himself. Max hurried over to Tom and pulled him away from Raphael, but Max forgot Raphael's ability was still active and immediately fell to the ground.

"Max?!" Tom asked, getting distracted by him and letting Raphael finally attack. Raphael kicked Max and Tom straight towards Uriel, who swung a a hammer at them, launching both of them into the sky unconscious. Suddenly Gabriel teleported above them, also weilding a hammer, "Going down?!" He asked as he spun and striked Max and Tom back to the ground with immense strength, causing the ground to shake.