What Did You Do?

Hi, everyone!

I know I said I would be writing more chapters, and I've been working on some! Life got crazy lately, but it's finally coming back down. 

I would like to clarify that some of these chapters I write are one-shots with Y/N and Ford, as well as the rest of the family. Meaning sometimes the chapter won't align with the plot of the story previously. I like to mess around with ideas and drabbles, and this chapter will be an example. It didn't happen in the main story line, but it's just a fun little drabble I hope you all enjoy.

Also, I would love if you guys wanted to message me and/or leave comments with drabble suggestions! I want to give you all as readers what you want to see as well as what I want to write. So please let me know!

I appreciate all of you! Enjoy the chapter!

~~~

The screaming from the basement echoed against all of the walls in the shack. Reverberating against your skull in a way that made every inch of you feel sick to your very core.  Perhaps it was the shrillness of it. The way, even by the sound, it brought a pang to your own vocal cords from the thought of the inevitable strain. Or perhaps it was the sheer manic sound of it. Gleeful, manic screaming had drilled into your soul. That's when you knew that, whatever Bill was doing, it was bad. Very, very bad. 

You stood up on trembling knees. In weeks prior, before the world crumbled around you, you and Ford had this discussion. The moment Bill overtook him, you were to run for your bedroom and barricade the door. From there, you'd cower until Bill left Ford's body, returning Stanford into a haggard, exhausted mess, but ultimately, returning to your Stanford. Your love. 

But this couldn't go on. You knew that, even if Ford didn't want to see it. Cowering like prey in your own home. Stripped of any leisure or morsel of happiness, the world turning into a gaping black hole of utter despair. It didn't matter how many times Ford tried to assure you he had everything under control, or that he'd save you, us, soon. After every promise he made, promises you were sure he wanted to keep, the truth of the situation stared at you in every mirror. Time slipped away. Gray bags accrued beneath your eyes, or the sag in your shoulders from holding the weight of it all, it almost felt physical. This wasn't living. This wasn't surviving. This was something else entirely, something you lacked the words to describe, yet feared all the same. 

Held strong by your convictions, you pushed the dresser away from the door and stepped into the hallway. A familiar scent of oak wood and paper filled your lungs with your inhale, swirling until you released it. Whisking you away to simpler, safer times. You weren't sure what you were going to do as you climbed down the stairs, but it didn't matter. Hiding away wasn't solving anything. Maybe this was reckless. Maybe Ford would be upset, knowing you could possibly be endangering yourself. But a part of you didn't care.

The basement was as dank and dismal as it was when you left it. Except now scraps of metal were strewn across the floor. The machinery was scratched and ruthlessly dismantled, likely smashed by a hammer, judging from the deep, cavernous indents. In the center of it all, was a being that looked like your boyfriend. Your heart yearned to run to him, let him embrace you and tell you it's all a dream, that you can wake up now, and it'll all be over. The other part knew the being before you was a demon. You cleared your throat.

Ford's head perked up, and he spun on his heel, turning to look at you. You hadn't seen the eyes this close before. So bright and luminous, like pulsating gold orbs hovering in a cave that was darker than pitch. He cracked a wide smile. 

"Y/N!" It was dizzying to hear a voice that wasn't Ford's leave his lips. He extended his arms like a showman, making a show of spinning again so his trench coat billowed out behind him in a way that was supposed to look majestic. "I was wondering when you'd show up! Welcome to the party! You're a little late, but we can catch you up just fine!"