Chapter 6: King Nahaklau, Conquerer of The Abyss

"Ki, why did you leave the Colony?"

"I never left, the people were forced out. William had to started to expand his territory, the coast of Kyoto was first. I took the colony to this city, where we've hid underground for years. I heard stories of a warrior taking down William and restoring the area. Either it was a lie or a tall tale, because he's still up there."

"You don't understand, William was resurrected. We killed him alright, but he has some demon backing him up. Along with... never mind. William messed with time and space a little, before I woke up Mayonaka was working with William."

"Absurd, Naka serves me and only me."

"I thought so too. By the way, will you be fighting in that?"

"Perhaps. I do have a change of clothes."

Dan chuckled, and they kept walking. They went deep, long hallways became spiraling caves. Abandoned housing and strange statues were scattered in the Sandy ground. They eventually came onto a bridge. A long wooden bridge leading to a pillar. A massive pillar of stone with an open room at the top, housing jutted out from the rock. Dan looked down, they were at the Abyss all right. Dan couldn't see the bottom of the pit, the housing kept going down and down but light couldn't keep up with the darkness that swirled below. They carefully crossed the bridge and arrived at the gate, they heard music and cheering coming from inside. Dan was expected a warm welcome, but after the Oasis she couldn't be here. Dan knocked on the door, and the cheering stopped. Dan heard people chatter and gather weapons, the door creaked open. A man walked out. 

"Who're you?"

He had a mask on, his hair was short, black fading into a red at the ends. The mask was complex, dan couldn't see a place where he could see out of it, and long horns caught her attention, he had a huge sword across his back. She saw a symbol on his armor, didn't look familiar.

"My name is Dan. I'm here to see King Nahaklau. This is Goro, and Ki... The Shogun."

"If The Shogun is here, it must be important. Keep your eyes open when you're in this place, we're not keen to visitors."

The man left the door open and entered, the gang followed as the door shut behind Ki. They walked down a long trench, windows were built into the rock, lights strung across the walls lit up the corridor. Dan didn't see any people but she still heard them inside their homes. She smiled at the homey feeling it gave off. They reached a spiral staircase that went up to a place Dan couldn't see. They all walked up, and into an open room with an empty throne. It was decorated in jewels and gold, most likely all mined from the abyss. There were 4 guards in full suits of armor and long swords. Dan, Goro, and Ki stood In a line in front of the throne.

"Goro? How's Vee?"

"I can hear him breathing, he's out cold."

"We might need him."

A man walked out of a side room. He had full gold armor, towering at maybe 7 feet tall. 2 Longswords on his back and burnt knuckles. A couple of dangling flags and a belt here and there, he sat down on the throne with a thump. His helmet concealed his face in red eyes and 4 sharp horns.

"Who are these people?"

"My lord. This is Dan, Goro, And The Shogun?"

"What is The Shogun doing in my abode? Territory is territory."

"King Nahaklau, I'm simply traveling with Dan here to find her family."

Nahaklau grumbled, staying quiet for a bit before signaling his guards. The 4 men started to walk slowly toward them. They drew their swords, and Dan was about to do the same. But Goro told her not to, she watched his instead. Goro reached into his bag and pulled out Vee, holding him by the collar as his eyes flickered open.