Pacifist Knight

Princess wandered around the marketplace, marveling at all the shops while Knight followed as always.

"Oooo! Do you want to go on a boat ride? That could be fun." Princess suggested. Tired from running around the crowd to try to keep with the hyper Princess, Knight took the second to take a breath.

"I'd like to do whatever you'd like too do, Her Highness." Knight replied. He looked tired, but still kept a professional stature. Princess rolled her eyes a bit before grabbing his hand and running up to the dock. Knight almost tripped over himself from the sudden yank.

Princess, without letting go of her tight grip on Knight's hand, was talking to the man in charge while Knight looked over at the crowd simply people watching. Then Princess tugged a bit more and led both of them to the boat. Princess stepped in first, then Knoght after her. And the boat set off.

Shore was drift farther and farther away as water surrounded them. It felt like Knight could finally breathe again. He has never been a socially anxious person, but it felt nice to be alone. Especially from the large crowd full of potentially dangerous people.

"Knight, why are you so quiet?!" Or as alone he could be.

"I'm just enjoying the ride, Her Highness." Princess wasn't satisfied with that answer.

"No, no, not now. Like in general. Your very quiet lately." Knight was surprised by the statement. He didn't think that he was being an different.

"I don't think I'm acting any differently?" Knight responded. Princess made a face at this.

"Yea you have been. Ever since Holly came back." Princess frowned a bit. She said it almost accusatory.

"I must had not noticed, Her Highness." Knight tried to reassure. Princess only got more upset.

"You can be honest, you know?!" Princess was very angry at the statement now. "Just tell me the truth."

"Her Highness, I'm no liar. I really haven't noticed." Princess went silent. She was going over why would Knight be lying to her and why he became so quiet lately. Then she came up with a idea.

"Is it because of Pitaya?" She asked. Knight looked confused, very confused. "Like, Holly defeated Pitaya many times, but you couldn't. Are you like jealous?" Knight shook his head.

"No, I don't care for Pitaya very much Her Highness."

"But you want to kill them." Princess statement rattled Knight. He was utterly shocked, where did she get that from. Knight turned to Princess, absolute shock radiating from his face.

"No? W-Where did you get that?!"

"Well any time you tell anyone about the battles you had with Pitaya, you have a passion in your eyes that is soo obvious. Also you talk about them a lot and how you want battle with them again." It was Knight's turn to go silent. He look at the deep blue water that was also taunting him to jump in. It was also humiliating. Then he finally spoke.

"It's not that I wanted to kill him, I'm not like that. It's just my first big enemy and I'm excited about it." Knight was blushing in humiliation. He didn't know how easy it was to see his emotions like that.

"Ohhhh. So you are jealous since Holly took over your enemy." Princess asked.

"No? I'm not Jealous, Her Highness." Princess was confused.

"Than why are you so silent since Holly came back?" Knight thought about it for a bit.

"I guess it's sort of related to Pitaya's and Queen Hollyberry battles. Not very fond of taking care of him afterwards. Too strange for me." Princess was slightly surprised by this answer. Knight never had his duties affected his behavior before. At least not for what she seen.

"Well I can have you off duty if you'd like."

"No, there is no need too. I'm not upset about it." Knight smiled to reassure her. Princess didn't return the smile.

"So you don't like the thought of taking care of your enemy, but you don't care?

"It's not that I don't like taking care of my enemy. I guess it strange to me that I take care of someone only to harm them." Princess frowned.

"Don't tell me you're actually feeling bad for that dragon? After everything he's done?!"

"No! No. That not what I meant. I mean I guess I'm for of a pacifist, Her Highness." Princess rolled her eyes.

"Knight, but you can't be both. You can't be a Knight while being a pacifist. That's impossible! It literally you job to fight!"

"That's just how I am."

"But you want to fight him again?! Are you saying you want Pitaya to ruin more or the kingdom so you can fight him?" Princess points her finger in a accusatory manner.

"No that's not want I mean at all!" Knight panics. "I just have unfinished business with him." Knight waved his hands in a defensive manner.

Well Knight wasn't being very honest, not even it himself, but the truth was too complex to explain. He and Pitaya had a bit more than what met the eye, but it wasn't clear to anyone, not even to each other. See they didn't hate each other's guts, but they wanted to fight each other, but unlike Hollyberry and Pitaya, they also wanted to do so just to see each other. They went through the trouble to see each other.

But Knight is a cookie and Pitaya was a dragon so their friendship would be unlikely.