八 ; white night

One new thing that Karina learned about you was that you were a pretty good storyteller, and alongside that, you had a lot of stories to tell

Wait, that's two things.

Nevermind that... The last two classes the two of you had together were pleasingly occupied, with you going on and on about your experiences with your volunteering opportunities. You jumped from talking about dogs giving birth to dressing up as an elf for an event at the children's hospital-it's like you lived so many lives in one.

A small part of Karina was jealous of the fact that you were able to experience all of this in such a small amount of time, but hearing these through you made up for that pint of jealousy that would bubble up occasionally. After one of your stories, you stopped what you were doing and turned to her, "Do you have any stories?"

Karina was slightly taken aback by the question, "Me?" it was a genuine question.

You nodded before you stopped typing on your laptop, "Yeah. Do you have any stories?" There's a tone in your voice that tells Karina that you are being serious. You weren't the Y/N that Karina had grown to know the past few weeks-but then again, maybe that Y/N wasn't who you really were.

"Not really," she replied, "But don't worry about me."

"It doesn't need to be like my stories," he pointed out, "Just a story." You gave Karina time to think of a story, providing some prompts for her so that she was able to come up with one on the spot.

"How about a time when you thought you were actually done for?"

At that, Karina felt a memory surface from her first year of university when she, Yeji, and Aeri were caught sneaking into the dorms at an ungodly hour in Aeri's dorm by the RA, so she told you that story. How she and her friends went to a frat party that Yeji had been invited to by her friend Soobin, which he had planned to celebrate finishing midterms. Karina and her friends were already exhausted from the constant studying, and they were thankful that it was finally over. So she had thought, why not go to a party and relieve that stress? She remembered that she and Aeri were hammered, and Yeji didn't feel like taking her friends to their dorms since it was a lot further than hers. But before they could even make it into Yeji's room, the RA had already caught them, and she remembered how she and Aeri looked as if they were a deer caught in headlights. Karina and Aeri couldn't even think of a lie on why they were so drunk on a Friday night.

"And guess what happened?" Karina questioned.

"Ummm," You looked over at your notes, "You guys got in trouble?"

"No," She shook her head, "It was the RA. Out of all people. It had to be an RA that caught us sneaking back into the dorms. We were caught, and she threatened to tell a higher-up, I'm not sure who that we were sneaking in so late." Though it wasn't that much of a problem, she remembered her seventeen-year-old self-feeling fear that was probably harnessed from the ten lives she had lived before. She was scared-no-she was terrified. It hadn't even been a full two months in the semester, and she was already in trouble... "You should've seen how Aeri and I were begging for forgiveness. It was probably the deepest bow I've ever bowed in years since I got in trouble with my parents."