019

"oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.."

"coups, will you quit worrying? y/n's gonna love you," dokyeom promised as the seventeen leader paced around.

he stopped at a small mirror, checking his hair that a stylist had already fixed four times upon his request. dokyeom sighed and stood up from the sofa. he looked at the other through his reflection and smacked his head playfully.

"cheol, you look fine, i promise. come sit."

seungcheol let out a deep breath and followed his friend, sitting on the sofa. the group had been at their concert venue for most of the day rehearsing, and now the show was starting in only ten minutes.

"is he still freaking out?" jihoon asked as he entered the break room while adjusting his head piece. dokyeom frowned and nodded.

"here," jihoon grabbed a water bottle from one of the counters, handing it to the male. "drink something, you'll need it for tonight."

seungcheol gave him a small smile while taking the beverage and drinking a bit. as his thoughts rampaged through his head, his clothes were a bit scratchy and his makeup felt odd on his skin.

"anxiety is a bitch," he muttered. dokyeom pat his back gently.

"i know, i'm sorry."

seungcheol took another sip of his water before the three saw mingyu stop in the doorframe.

"hey guys?"

"what's up?" jihoon responded.

"y/n and his friend just got backstage."

seungcheol's head snapped toward him at the information, his heart speeding up instantly. dokyeom sent him an eager smile and pat his back again.

the leader got up from the sofa, leaving his water, and followed mingyu out of the room. the second his eyes found his crush, his excitement overpowered his anxiety. the actor was standing with his friend as both of them talked to seungkwan and soonyoung.

while walking over to them, y/n's eyes managed to shift to him. it made the idol all the more relieved when he saw a large smile stretch on his lips. y/n began walking to meet him halfway, leaving his friend with the others.

seungcheol was a lot taller than y/n imagined, and much more handsome in person. his heart felt like it could thump out of his chest at any moment.

"hi, cheol!"

"hey y/n, thanks for coming!" the taller responded happily.

y/n simply looked at him for a moment. he had a small amount of glitter covering his neck and face, and makeup that complimented his features perfectly. it was as if he was in a dream, and seungcheol couldn't possibly be real.

"y/n?"

the actor snapped back to reality, seeing the other's amused smile grow across his cheeks.

"enjoying the view?"

"sorry, you're just.."

seungcheol's head tilted at the unfinished sentence. he reached to move some strands of hair away from y/n's eyes and smiled sweetly now.

"just what?"

"really hot.." y/n's whole face burned red once realizing what he accidentally said aloud. "uh, i mean.. you're just unreal, that's it. i did not say that other thing, forget that."

seungcheol couldn't stop himself from laughing at the bundle of nerves in front of him.

"you're too cute, y/n."

the shorter became even more flustered at those words, if that was even possible. this didn't go unnoticed though. seungcheol quickly changed the subject to avoid making him any more nervous.

"can i get you a water or something?" he asked. his tone was gentle and polite, which made y/n's chest fill with butterflies.

"actually, a water would be great."

seungcheol nodded and smiled again. he held out his hand as an invitation to the shorter, which he happily accepted. his hand fit perfectly in seungcheol's as their fingers interlaced with each other.

seungcheol led him to the room he was in earlier, now seeing joshua joined with dokyeom and jihoon. he could already sense the teasing coming for him once the concert was over, but he ignored the fact and chose to focus on his guest.

"we usually leave the waters out to keep them room temperature, but i think there's some cold ones in here." he said as he opened the fridge to take a peek. y/n nodded while looking around a bit and giving small head bows to the other members.

while receiving his water and taking a swig, seungcheol could tell his friends were dying to say something to him, silently thanking them for just being patient.

before he could introduce them, however, one of the staffs popped his head inside the room in a rush.

"guys, three minutes! i've been trying to find you, we need you ready to go onstage!"

"shit, sorry!" joshua cursed as the three hurried to get ready, leaving the other two behind.

seungcheol looked at y/n with a smile that the latter could tell was hiding a bit of disappointment. he squeezed his hand in encouragement and returned a smile.

"don't worry, i'll be fine!" he assured. seungcheol sighed and nodded as they began walking out of the room together.

"i don't know if i'll be able to focus completely now that i know you're here," he admitted.

y/n felt his face heat up at the confession, but shook his head.

"you'll be amazing, cheol. you can do it," he said sincerely. seungcheol took another deep breath and nodded before their hands finally separated. he watched the idol follow a few of his last members to the side of the stage, giving him another supportive smile.

"i can't believe you could be dating s.coups," his friend said, standing with him now. y/n blushed again at the idea.

"tsk, we aren't technically dating."

"please, he's so into you. you will be in no time."