A sore thumb among others.

The chirps of crickets let me simmer and think everything over. The room held the quiet patter of the air conditioner and it felt soothing, finally laying to sleep. The smaller man laying a bed away began to give a rundown before bed.

"Kay, so tommorow is a big all party meetin'. They likely know he's gone by now, so I'll show ya off to everybody. My dad won't like it, but if you show that you can keep ya mouth shut, and are loyal to me, it won't matter."

I grimaced, fluffing my pillow and plopping down on it. A silence filled again, it was uncomfortable. It was such a huge gap from high school, I barely even remember him.

Up until that moment.

"So, why did you leave us?" I grunted, arms crossed. I was still pretty pissed.

He hummed a bit, flipping over in bed to stare at me. I turned too, facing him. Jolting once I saw his saddened expression.

....

"Well, damn. I had no choice. Since I'm the successor of my dad, I had to quit school once I was old enough to be useful. No need for a damn education."

"Why didn't you text us? Anything? You just left without a trace and we eventually found out."

He bit his lip, shaking his head. "Sorry."

"That's it? For real?"

"I didn't have time, I had to do gigs. Kill. Shit like that, I swear."

I let my chest heave, feeling my heart beat slower. I was finally, finally, calming down. "Seeing a dead body has to be the worst."

"Eh, it's that or being one."

We both smiled at eachother, turning over on our beds and getting a good shut eye.
It was a comfort in the craze and trauma coursing through us, and I felt less crazy.

I was woken up by a maid, or at least I suppose it was. She pronounced the car clean of all residue, and I could go Scott free. Fuyuhiko's grandma strut in, waving her cane at me.

"What a buff, handsome young man. I need me one of those as a treat."

"MA! Stop it, your embarrassing him!" Fuyuhiko cried, laughing as my face turned bright red. It was true, I was hit on by tons of old women. Sometimes even ones my age.

One of the most prominent is them supposedly not having enough money, buttoning their shirts down and licking their lips.
"Is there any OTHER way I can pay for it?"
"Why'd you even buy it, then?" I'd retort, and eventually, they'd awkwardly walk off handing me the money.

I told the mafia boy that I'd go to the party, and he lended me a crisp brown suit, not fully matching with my hair. It beat JUST flannel shirts, since my last one was... yknow. I hope dad doesn't know.

I haven't come back in a while.. Thank. God. If I did, he'd beat me senseless for not showing up in time and being gone all night. Then, I spend the rest of the day shaming me. I took a shower, brushed my hair, and called up Kazuichi.

He was a mechanic guy, took it in college too. He was a busy guy, but still had time to douche around and answer my dumb calls. "Sup, Hajime?"

"You'll never believe it."

"WOAH, WHAT? Is Sonia running back to me??"

"What? No. Maybe you've been smoking too much weed, but remember Fuyuhiko?"

"Yeah...Why?" He sounded upset, guess he also held a grudge. We were a prominent trio, so it made sense.

"Well I just saw him, he says sorry." I smiled, explaining the situation (of course, not bringing up any dead bodies.) That's when Kazuichi abruptly cut in, saying he had to go for a meet up.

I wished him well, before realizing he hung up on me.

Smoothing my hands over the suit, I felt the fine material made, slick and almost shiny. It felt like I wasn't made for it, like, at all. My mind drifted back to Fuyuhiko, who would be picking me up about now.

I wasn't really sure why I decided to go. Maybe the boring feeling of my life was the call. But suddenly I was driven to a building etched off the town, but beautiful and tall with gold encrusted on the doors. There was a water fountain at the front as the gates kept outsiders away.

The diamond shine of the pristine water really showcased the wealth of the house, and the sweet oldies music booming through the walls, chatter and distant banging from inside.

Now that I think about it... I'm technically an outsider. I'm fuyuhiko's high school friend, not some gangster. If I could pull it off and impress them somehow, then I'll be okay. I hope...

Fuyuhiko led me into the building, handing cash to the guy at the front and helping organize my tie, in a sense, he was more worried then me. When I waved, everybody froze. Even the loudest dipped their cigarette butts and faced me.

I fumbled with my fingers as Fuyuhiko walked in. "Chill it, he's with me."

The room eased as few began to chatter louder, holding into girlfriends and with their buds. That's when I saw a man, also with the same haircut. However he was much more buff, staring me down.

He motioned the blonde to leave the room with him to discuss it, and I gulped.

Fuyuhiko didn't explain much at all to me, now I was abandoned in some party full of men wielding guns, playing cards and sipping their drinks. One of the dealers stared up at me, raising an eyebrow. A man pushed all his chips forward, many others calling out his bullshit and laughing.

I was offered a drink by a random man, he seemed polite.

"So, why did Fuyuhiko bring you in? He usually hates having people "with him"." He questioned, as I caught a good look of him. He didn't seem safe either, but was a much more fancy and calmed version of whoever else in the room.

I sat down next to him, sipping the tequila and coughing a little. I wasn't a huge drinker. The white haired boy caught on this, and moved towards me.

"Oh dear, are you even involved with us? How disgusting, yet oh so curious." He inquired, feeling over my lips and cleaning me up. I blushed, seeing his white eyelashes curl down his Grey eyes, shining with a mysterious lust and adoration. Almost like the second he saw me, he was dead set on finding out who I was.

I listened in to the chatter around me.

"Ah, there Nagito goes. Always questioning."

"Ay, give him a break jackass. His daddies alllll gone."

"Pffft- What a gay bastard."

I slapped his hand away, standing tall and puffing my chest. "I don't know anything of your father."

His eyes sharpened instantly, trailing to grab my arm, yet his grip ever intensified. This skinny tall idiot was gripping my arm-

"That's strange. How did you know?"

A voice behind us stopped the action, quickly loading a glock and aiming it. "Tch, everybody knows. Ain't a secret. You can't question him if he ain't got no idea."

Nagito, if that was his name, looked me up and down. With a slight, crazed smile as he held his hands up, stepping back. "Whats gotten you so upset? Have I hurt your new friend?"

"Yeah, infact, he's a new member thanks to my pops. Any problems?"

Fuyuhiko spoke real professional, yet still enraged. I was super glad he showed, almost hugging him.

Another voice cut in, a girl. "Now now, there's no need to start any fights. We're in alliance, and we all know your temper." She had two braids, or I think it was. Her hand ghosted over her gun holster, grabbing my friend and sweet talking.

I remember Peko, I think. Fuyuhiko met her and she grew up with him, but wasn't given any special rules in the gang. But she was always home "studying" to be by his side, which I always thought was a little strange.

But I didn't question much, I never really did.

On my mind now was Nagito, who chuckled and ran to feel my arm. "Now, where were you last night? I'm sure you have tons of women."

I smirked, shoving him away and feeling over my suit. "Not a single one. Not good for the lumber business."