Being the new bodyguard

Fuyuhiko ran off to speak to a guy with a big eyepatch, who apperantly didn't like outsiders as much as the next member. Except he really, really hated them. A few people howled in shame hearing that I did lumber business, others supposed I hid bodies from my big build. I laughed and said, "I've never seen a single body. Other then deer."

I of course, was playing off the fact they assumed I was a roughousing, murdering lumberjack who took hits. I didn't.

"Well, if everybodies got shitty parents. I'm sure as a lumberman you've seen your share of hitting your arm with an axe?" Nagito spoke mid sip, glancing to me.

I felt over my forearm, pointing at a large cut. "Actually yeah. I did."

Another man in the table I sat groaned, rolling his eyes. "You always talk about your father, I thought you loved him?"

His eyes darkened, chugging his drink down. Nagito stared through him, yet offered the sweetest saccharine smile. He almost looked like a good person. "Of course. When I find him and pronounce him dead, I'll find who did it. When I'm the next boss, the murderer will die before they get to me like-"

He snapped, glancing at me. "That. Maybe even with an axe."

I gulped, feeling anxious by all his eye contact. His Grey eyes spoke so much more words, and it felt like he had single handedly found all of my darkest secrets just by it. "I think I hear Fuyuhiko calling me." I excused myself before they started to play poker.

Which I wasn't so good at anyways. Walking through the crowd of men in suits, many waved at me and offered well wishes. That I'd need it. Others turned to ask if I was some hitman, or if I was allowed in. Some of their wives waved at me, winking as I kept going. People kept offering me drinks.

However, it didn't feel like I was accepted. On the contrary, it felt like I was being made fun of. They all laughed at me, some even calling me lumber boy. And even with their jokes and kids, a dangerous aura swept across all of them.

Feeling like I couldn't trust a single person, eyes wandered across all of me. Their words were like poison to my ears, so I only went to the mafia's son. The reason why I was here.

Some sick part of my perverted brain hoped Nagito kept his eyes on me, even if I helped hide his father's body.

What would he do if he found out it was me, would he be happy to know he's next in line, or would I be murdered the same way? .... suppose it's not worth thinking about! Positive thoughts!

I walked all over the building, admiring the rich products ive never seen. Fuyuhiko was explaining that he was with me to everyone again and again. At some point, we eventually landed in the private area, where the main leaders sat. Fuyuhiko's father I'm a separate room, having a second tak with us. I jumped in, explaining that we were playing go fish. And that at some point, we got drunk and went to his jlgrandma. His father dug straight in, raising his hand up.

"So instead of doing your work, you slacked off to be with your high school friend? Are you serious? You have priorities then with some outsider."

"PA, He can be my bodyguard! Look at him!"

They continued on a bit before he was fully silenced, I felt bad for him, seeing as he had to bite his tongue and obey. Maybe now I don't dislike him as I used to... I never seriously hated him..

"I do have a report that my father sent you out for a secret meet up. It was at 12 on the dot."

"Yeah, and I sent one back telling him to fuck off. Hajime wanted to hang out." Fuyuhiko slammed the table, after hearing Nagito perk up and speak once more.