The lake house

"Hey, look at this HAPPY FUCKIN' CAMPER."

huh? I rubbed my eyes, lookin around and surely, he was talking to me.

"Don't act all stupid, dumbass! Where WERE you!?"

I was pleading at Peko with my eyes to explain, and she seemed almost surprised I was asking. Her red eyes softened, taking pity on me. "Master was ambushed by some low level gang members, they were killed immediately. However, we DO both serve as guards."

Oh. How do I explain I was letting the other team's member suck me off while I was supposed to be on duty? Fuyuhiko lit up a cigar, motioning me to take one.

I haven't smoked in ages, my father hated the smell. Well, no... he smoked. But I think he just hated me using them instead of him stealing my packs. I took the offer, and he lit it for me, sighing.

"By the way, how's your daddy?" Fuyuhiko said while breathing out smoke, Peko adjusting his sleeves and fixing his watch. His usable eye was facing me, frowning slightly. Somehow his mind caught that I was thinking about him.

I gulped. Is this an intimidatation tactic? I gripped my bedsheets, frowning at the look of this. I wasn't sure if I could completely trust him, right?

"HE'S GOOD. YES." Damn that sounded robotic..

"I thought he used to beat your ass back in high school. Remember when he caught you with a cigar for the first time?"

Ah shit. He IS my childhood best friend. Maybe since I've been here, the more suspicious I get. Or maybe it's the real world, I don't take people as serious until now.

"Actually, yeah. He's still like that, though. I'm sure he's not happy that I haven't shown up in a while-"

Another person came in, whispering to Peko, who whispered to Fuyuhiko, who burst out with chuckles. He told me to stand up and get ready, to have... dinner?

"The Komaeda family wants to attend breakfast with us. They sometimes do this so we can "bond" as the younger generation. It's really just waiting to see who slips up and starts conflict." Fuyuhiko explained all professionally, before slipping in a curse, "But fuck that. I always gotta hold onto the goddamn table so I don't punch that white curly haired BITCH."

I offered a smile full of pity, thankful the subject changed. "He isn't all that bad. It's just talk, you know? Just ignore him and eat. Let's go, bro."

I helped dress him by picking out a suit, and we were golden. Peko only stood in the corner and watched, for some reason, it was only me. I thought it was weird, but she did do it from time to time..

It was as if it was waiting for me to slip up. Like it was looking down on me, but remaining respectful with all her information and wisdom.

I felt over my suit, realizing I only had one pair. I definitely looked poor, right? Well, I was... do guards even get paid? To be honest, I've just been living rent-free... but at the extent of losing my life?

Feeling over my watch, which was borrowed. Along with my borrowed gold necklace, down my lean chest. I just hope breakfast goes fast and Nagito says nothing.

When we arrived, it was just a small summer home next to a lake, and we just ate outside. It was homey, suprising that barely anything got shown off. A few men were stationed around, one chef cooking personally in the grill outside, earplugs in.

"This used to be my father's old home with his childhood handman. They shared this place, until his son took over as leader." Nagito explained with no real malicious intent, yet somehow, the blonde grit his teeth.