CHAPTER SIX: "𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕."

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: "ᴅᴀʀᴛ ғᴏʀ sʜᴏʀᴛ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: "ᴅᴀʀᴛ ғᴏʀ sʜᴏʀᴛ."

It was now the next day, and Raven was riding her skateboard to school. She was accompanied by Lucas, the other members of the party getting dropped off by car.

"Hey, Rae?" Lucas says, striking a conversation. "What's up?" Raven responds, kicking her foot off the road to get better speed on her skateboard. "Do you think Max has a crush on me? Like even just a little bit?" He asks, his voice sounded nervous just by asking the question. Raven just shrugged, "With that scream you did on Halloween, i doubt it." She says teasingly, smiling at the boy. "I'm being serious!" Lucas responds, rolling his eyes.

Raven giggles and sighs, "I don't think she does, but she might." Raven says, "I haven't really seen her act like she has a crush on you though." She adds, earning a nod from Lucas. They were almost at school, "Do you think I could get her to like me?" Lucas asks, making Raven clench her jaw. She really hated feeling jealous. "I don't know." She responded coldly, looking down at the road as her skateboard rolled against the street.

" She responded coldly, looking down at the road as her skateboard rolled against the street

They were now at school, Raven picked up her skateboard and held it close to her waist. Lucas and Raven walked inside, and of course see Max first thing. Honestly, Raven wanted to avoid Max. She didn't want to have feelings for the redhead already, and she didn't need them to grow, either. "Hey, Max!" Lucas says, waving at the girl. Max turns around and looks at Lucas, but quickly looks at Raven, but Raven didn't look back at her.

Max walked up to the two, "Hey." She said, "Wanna walk to class with us?" Lucas asks, smiling like a child. Raven just looks at Lucas almost annoyed, "Sure." Max responds, moving to stand next to Raven. They begin walking to class, "Hey, do you know why people call Will Zombie Boy?" Max asks, "I mean, i get it. He got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? Because everyone thought he was dead?" Max asks, but Raven doesn't answer, so Lucas does.

"Yeah. I mean, we had a funeral for him and everything." Lucas responds, "After a week?" Max scoffs, not really believing it. "Some other kid drowned at the quarry." Raven interjects, "We thought it was Will because his body was super decomposed." She adds. "What?" Max says, "Okay, that's not funny." Max says to Raven, making the other girl furrow her eyebrows. "It's not a joke. It's public knowledge." Raven responds. "Ask anybody." She adds, her and Max making eye contact.