three

leyra left neteyam at his own home that night, she didn't speak to jake but she did spent little time with neytiri speaking to her of what happened.

"your mate." leyra spoke to her, eyes not looking at neytiri's.

"what jake?"

"he's too, too tough on them."

neytiri giggled.

"i know, i tell him he doesn't listen, the kids can deal with it."

neteyam walked into the room slowly, not wanting leyra to realise his presence.

"i know neteyam is strong; but he's still has feelings, my brothers are cruel."

"let them be boys leyra, are you and my neteyam dating already?!" she laughed.

"what? no!" leyra's face turned a dark red that she didn't even know could.
"i-i just was worried."

"ma, leave her." neteyam's deep voice spoke behind them.

leyra groaned; realising he could hear their conversation.

"ley? can i speak to you?" he whispered to her; a small smile across his face.

leyra was inclined to say yes, skipping off with him; he gave her butterflies that she loved.

but anoung and zaem.

"maybe tomorrow." she coughed out, seeing jake, kiri, lo'ak and tuk walk in.

lo'ak looked at her concerned.

"what's with you leyra?"  he asked.

she didn't answer, simply pushing her way through the family to get back home.

what the hell did she get herself into?

neteyam's family all stated at him dumbfounded.

"your bruises." jake questioned.

"oh ley sorted them out; she's got a gift father honestly all my pain was gone in seconds."

"okay lover boy!" tuk giggled.

"neteyam and leyra kissing in a tree." kiri joined in with her,

"shut up!" neteyam growled at them.

"what?! its true; you look at her like she's your world." lo'ak added.

"i don't." neteyam grumbled.

"it's alright son; i think it's quite impressive. she protects you like she's your mate." jake ruffled his hair.

his face turned bright red.

"m-mate?" he spluttered out. the rest of the family laughing at him.

"yeah mate! they're gonna have sea and forest babies dad." kiri giggled dancing around neteyam.

"shut up kiri! i just followed her to the cove guys; it's where they meet their ancestors."

"why would she take you there?" jake asked concerned.

"i followed her. she didn't take me."

"so you're a lost puppy!" lo'ak shouted before leaving the hut.

"no! she went to see her mother."

"oh." jake and neytiri glanced at one another.

on the other side of the island.

leyra was getting it.

"are you insane?! why would you go off alone with a forest monkey?!" zaem shouted.