eight

"have you mated with her?!" tua'tey angrily roared, neteyam and leyra side eyed one another thinking about how this man in his 20's was really fighting for leyra.

"why?" leyra asked meekly.

"you protect him; as if he's your mate. i am your mate." he gripped her arm with force.
"we must make the ts-"

"you will do no such thing." her father grabbed tua'tey.

"father; we need to make the bond or else this monkey boy-"

"my daughter. will make her own decision."

while zaem, her father and tua'tey were in a heated argument, neteyam and leyra slipped away with the rest of the kids to do what she hadn't done in what she felt to be an eternity.

relax.

roxto and kiri sneaked away with one another and tsireya with lo'ak; but not before hugging and comforting their friend leyra, giggling about how cute it was how she protected him.

"how can they all leave when it's the first time we get to have time together." he sniggered.

"they don't care about us enough." she responded with a wide smile.

just then, leyra heard a familiar sound; behind her.

"the tulkun? the tulkun!" leyra shrieked.

but this sound wasn't one of happiness.

however the girl, too enthralled in seeing her spirit sister ran out to meet her tulkun , miy'ran.

"miy'ran!" she called, jumping into the sea swimming to the large tulkun, unresponsive and weirdly floating at the top of the ocean.

"miy'ran?! miy'ran!" she screamed tapping on the lifeless body.

the metkayina came out to see what the screams were about,

"father! miy'ran!" she sobbed loudly; hugging and holding on tight to her spirit sister, she felt as if another part of her had been ripped out.

"what is this father?! what is this!" she screamed.
"miy'ran." she groaned; sobbing and sobbing.
"eywa, eywa please." she cried, emptiness filling up her soul again.

the chief due to several calls by his people ran out; neteyam and the rest of the sully's following, neteyam didn't follow her fast departure but realised the severity once he saw what happens.

ao'nung and zaem ran to her as well as her father comforting the girls cries.

"miy'ran." she groaned again and again, holding on tight to the tulkun, the whole village coming into a period of mourning.

"eywa!" she screamed.
"why must you be so evil?!"

"my princess." her father came closer to her, she looked up at him.

"who did this father."
"who did this!" she pushed out of their ways to stare at the people on the beach.

Jake suddenly noticed the large red object stuck in the tulkun.

"hey, i know that; it's the demons!" he cried out,

"what?" leyra asked in disbelief.

"they've put war on us; we're marked for death." neteyam muttered, more to himself than to leyra.
"fuck, i knew it."

"what are you saying 'teyam?" she cried.
"you knew this would happen?"

"no! i didn't- well we knew- no, i-"

"you promised! that nothing would happen!" she shrieked, his arms trying to comfort her, but she harshly pushed him away.

"you said no war would come! i trusted you, i trusted you!" the loud screams coming from leyra brought her back to when her mother died.