four

for the next few days, leyra felt alone.

she didn't speak to anyone; let alone her own family, she wasn't present for people to see her either.

she spent most of her time out, with her mother.

she could finally visit the cove of ancestors the way she dreamed to.

she told her everything, how cruel her father had been, how mean zaem and anoung were and how unbelievably alone it made her felt.

her mother took shock by this, allowing her daughter to crumble in her presence. leyra spoke of neteyam and how he took those feelings away, how she felt bound to him; and a urge to protect his family.

"eywa has destined the two of you to meet." she would reply every single time.

and leyra never got tired of it.

it had been 4 days since her father saw her, he didn't actually think she'd leave; neteyam grew worried too, he tried sneaking glances to her family to see if she was ever present but she never showed up.

tsireya missed her friend, her laugher, her joy.

sure she had lo'ak but she couldn't even tell anyone about him; because leyra was gone, no where to be found and it made her sick to her stomach to think about a negative fate.

"anoung." tsireya spoke.

"yeah?" the man looked at her confused.

"where is-"

"don't know."

"why do you even bully the girl so much; you've got your own mate, who's pregnant you're getting your own hut and starting your own life. zaem will become leader and you've got your lives!"

"what's your point tsireya." zaem pushed into his brother to hear her words.

"you break her; you're evil brothers, she deserves better."

the two looked at her with anger

"how the hell would you-"

"is she here? no. will she even ever come back, we don't even know, and the two of you don't even care." she spat; walking away as she prayed to eywa she would come back, tsireya looked for leyra in all places she could but couldn't find her.

neteyam smirked at the brothers speechlessness, he too looked for leyra, but by his fathers command he let it go.

he yearned for her, and he knew she felt the same for him.

"i'm going for a swim." he mumbled to the others.

"okay bro, stay safe." lo'ak called.

"don't cause trouble lo'ak, you too kiri and tuk, i'll be back soon." he hugged his siblings before diving deep.

he wanted to find her.

leyra sat, she rode with her ilu far from home, but not far enough that she couldn't get back. she knew no one would find her where she was, this was her and mothers hide out spot; her father would never visit it, it's where they mated.

it brought him pain.

she missed tsireya and neteyam at this moment, she thought about how sad it was that she didn't miss anyone else but.

who else did she have to live for?

leyra felt as if she had fought too many battles to carry on before befriending tsireya.

tsireya was her hope, and then came along neteyam, he was her peace.

"oh eywa, why have you done this to me." she cried softly.