Yoongi (part 1)

That evening
-

"What are you doing?"

"Getting rid of our memories."

"What...are you saying?"

"You actually thought I was in love with you? Do you really think I could buy all these stuff without you?"

"Please tell me these are all just an act. I don't believe that you didn't love me back."

She flicked the lighter she was holding in her hands.

"It's time that I have enjoyed enough."

"No. What are you talking about?"

A smirked formed across her face as she burned the photos in her hands before throwing the lighter to the ground.

The photos laid out started catching fire one by one, as she continued to splash kerosene all over the place. It wasn't long before the whole room was on fire.

She stood at the door where she bid me goodbye for the last time and then, she disappeared.

Inside, I could feel myself breaking. As I kneeled to the ground, I clutched my heart and started sobbing terribly.

The truth that had been hidden from me for almost a year and a half was finally let out of the bag.

One- the girl whom I had loved so wholeheartedly had never actually loved me back.

Two- growing up with both parents as doctors, my family was well-to-do, and she had to use me for my money. Me, being the dense person I was, bought all the things that she yearned for.

Yet I, thought it was some special occasion when I stepped into a room where she hung all the pictures we had taken together on the walls.

Right in front of my eyes, the memories we shared were gone in a split second, while she, did not even hesitate for a moment. It was then when I felt so...so...

Empty.