Jimin (part 2)

Being soaked in sweat once again, I took a new set of clothes from my closet and the photo frame that had out full family shot and headed for the bathroom. I placed it on the basin and turned the water tap on.The sound of the water gushing of the tap reminded me of the sound of the sea we had fallen into.

Mom, Dad, are you leading a better life up there? I know I am not...

Seating on top of the toilet seat, I hugged the frame and drifted off into my own world of thoughts. At school, everyone who knew about my plight always shot me a look of pity. Even my neighbours, stopped talking to me. It seemed as if the whole world saw me as someone who was non-existent for I did not have parents.

It was only when I heard the sound of the water overflowing that I immediately snapped out of my thoughts and turned off the tap. I still fully wasn't aware of what I was doing. Although my clothes were still on, I sat inside the bath tub however, I hadn't realised it. Flashbacks of the car falling into the sea and the car bursting into flames kept replaying in my mind. Nothing else bothered me except the memories of them. I can clearly recall how my parents eyes flashed the many things they wanted to tell me especially how sorry they were.

Mom...Dad...Why did you have to save me?

My vision blurred.

Do you know how lonely I feel? Will anyone ever understand what kind of torture I am going through?

A tear dropped creating ripples in the water.

I miss you so much. I really do.

Streams of tears continuously flowed down.

I am really tired. I just want to sleep forever...

The water was like a blanket. Wrapping me and giving me warmth,something which I have not felt in days. As the water engulfed my mind and soul, I let my eyes closed as I slipped underwater into a sleep which I had yearned for.

A sleep that lasted forever.