Namjoon

"Thank you. Hope to see you again." I bowed as the car drove off.

The overwhelming smell of kerosene made my head hurt once again but I, had to press on for the sake of my mom. Swallowing the pill that was in my hand, I prepared myself for the remaining 2 hours of work.

This continuous cycle of studying and working was tiring but, what was even more tiring was the fact that I had to deal with the countless of rude customers and people looking down on us kids who have to work.

-

I peeled off the wrapper of a lolly and stuck it in my mouth.

As the next car parked itself beside me, the window scrolled down.

"Hi, which type fuel would you like?"

"Fuel 98 duh."

Rude.

Placing the nozzle into the mouth of the car tank, the meter started. When the tank was full, I placed the nozzle back into the machine and walked over to the drivers door.

"Hi sir, that'll be $40. Would you like to pay by cash or credit card?" I asked with absolute politeness.

"WHAT? IT COSTS ME $40?." He who seemed drunk, started yelling.

And then continued, "are you trying to extort me just because I look gullible?!"

I replied with a no before asking again. He started cursing as he grabbed a bottle,drank from it, placed it back down and continued yelling. He then started digging through the pile of messiness on the car seat beside him for a minute or so, before he fully winded the window down.

Out came a pile of rubbish and in the middle of all this trash, was a $50 dollar note.

"KIDS THESE DAYS." He spat. Just before he drove off, he threw the bottle of beer that he was drinking, out and it smashed to pieces, right beside me.

My hands unknowingly curled up into a fist as I watched him drive away.

But what could I do?

I'm just a student, working to help lessen the burden of my moms, contributing to our finance.

What could I do?

I could not yell back for I was younger than them.

What can I do?

I was clearing up the mess he made when I felt sudden pain surging through my hands.

Right, the broken pieces of beer bottle.

I gritted my teeth as I continued clearing the mess and when all was cleared, the note stood there in the middle of the pathway.

Wealth.

Staring at it as if it was a contest between the both of us, I could feel my bottled up feelings exploding like a volcano.

After biting the last bit of sweet left on the stick, I discarded it on the floor, not caring about anything such as "consideration".

It had reached the point where my vicious self showed. I walked over to the lone crisp note that was everyone's desire. The hatred I had towards greed for money grew with every step and I crushed this desire when it was in my hands.

Click.

Right. There was a lighter in my bag. I walked over to where my bag was and dug for it and once I felt it, a smirked crept up my face. All I could think of now was to burn this place that held many horrible memories.

I flicked the lighter and the small flame glowed brightly in this darkly lit place.

I held the note and my hands bringing the lighter closer to the note. A scoff slipped through my mouth as the flame touched the note.

It was burning. Every corner of the note was burnt as the colour turned from orange to black. Just like how this world, would be engulfed in greed one day.

I threw my bag over my shoulders, as the note fall to the floor and the lighter,aimed for the petrol tank.

And in no time, the petrol tank was on fire, the bright glowing soft shade of yellow and orange shone so brightly while the temperature of the place rises immensely.

The fire started spreading to other parts of the petrol station. The more it spread, the more that bottle of happiness was filled up.

Money turned my dreams to shame, turned the world to bane. The great amount of stress brought about by society had costed me four friends, and I hate it so much. So much that I didn't feel the need to exist anymore.

Just as I was heading out of the petrol station, it bursted. The roof was swallowed by the fire and small explosions happened one after another. Then, a metal plate flew and hit me from the back of head.

Argh...

Clenching one fist while the other grasping the back of my bleeding head, that had blood flowing out of it at 400000 ml/sec.

My legs gave way and I fell to the floor. I laid on the floor when I could no longer take it.

But once I noticed how disintegrated the station had become, it was as if all my worries and hatred had been taken away in that instant.

A smirked crawled it's way up and the last thing I saw before my vision went black, was a man asking if I was alright.

Was I? Was I ever alright? Hah maybe not.

My wish was to make a lot of money,bring the boys to travel the world, eat good food but not anymore...

I am namjoon.

And it all went dark.

_________________________
Hello! Thank you so much for being extremely patient because I've been horribly busy and things aren't going well so it took me awhile to write it!! (Partially due to the lack of inspiration too T__T) but I know this chapter isn't very satisfying and stuff but thank you everyone :') <3 I really love you all a lot a lot a lot!