Chapter 8. Shop.

"Aha!" (Y/n) jumped out into the kitchen. An attempt to catch Atsuno in the act of cooking despite not seeing. It was more of a game to them. Try and be in he same room as Atsuno while he's cooking. They had been unsuccessful so far.

Atsuno was done before he could be caught, happily sipping some tea at the table. When (Y/n) didn't hear anything going on in the kitchen, other than Atsuno drinking tea, they knew they had failed again. With a disapointed sigh, they went to their chair and got onto it with some struggle.

"Do you need help with the food?" Atsuno asked.

(Y/n) shook their head. "I can do it alone this time." They said, determined to do so. Atsuno just gave them a nod and soft smile, going back to his own food.

(Y/n) didn't succeed in getting the food the first time or getting it into their mouth the first time, the mess on their cheeks evident of that. But they kept trying, eventually becoming coordinated enough to eat the food consistently.

Atsuno watched them for a moment, his plate already done. They wore an oversize shirt he had given them a while back. Their clothes were put out to dry, a chore he did first before breakfast. They didn't have many clothes. The last time he bought them some was only a small handful when he thought they were only staying with him temporarily.

Now that they were staying staying with him, he had to get them more. Something he's postponed in hopes the Ninja would lose his trail.

"How do you feel about going shopping?" Atsuno asked.

"Sthopping?" They asked with a mouth full of food.

"Don't speak with your mouth full." Atsuno scolded, though his voice held no anger, only amusement. "But yes. Shopping. You need some more clothes. And we need some other things."

"When do we leave?" They asked.

"Maybe, in an hour or so." Atsuno said, a finger on his chin as he thought about it. "We need to feed Pony and get him ready, it's going to take a day or so to get to the closest town where we can't take a break. Then another two to get somewhere where people actually sell what we need."

"So," (Y/n) raised some fingers, pointing it towards him, though a little too much to the right. "Four days?" They asked.

"Maybe." Atsuno nodded. "I'll go feed Horse, you stay here and finish up."

"Ok!" They happily answered, legs swimming back and forth under the table while Atsuno left.

Atsuno tended to the horse, giving him lots of hay to eat as he pleased. "Were going somewhere soon, so you better get ready. We won't be taking the waggon."

Pony neighed at Atsuno, nudging his head with his own as a sign of affection then happily started eating. The warm sun had just started shinning down on everything and casting away the cool night that came before.

Atsuno spared a look at the forest, the creatures of it waking up and tending to their own needs as well. He could smell the flowers unique smells in the air, the spring season pathing way for new life all around. The grass was filled with flowers of all sizes and colours, ones he thought (Y/n) would have loved to see.

He shook his head slowly, pushing away the thoughts that were coming forward, and went back inside to get everything else ready after refilling the horses water.