♤James♤

"Where are you going?" Sirius asked leaning onto Remus's side while on his bed.

"Just for a walk." James shrugged, grabbing his cloak and parchment from the head of his bed, "Might grab somethin' from the kitchen."

"Whatever, don't get caught." Remus said without looking up from his book.

"And don't pull anything without us!" Sirius grinned and James rolled his eyes with a thumbs up while he threw his cloak over his head and disappeared as he left

James snuck threw the Gryfindors who were scattered around the common room. He made his way to the hall and open his parchment, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Parts of the parchment glowed in Golden lines to form the Mauraders map. He wondered around until he found the kitchen and he hid the map in his pocket and slid silently into the kitchen and tore off his cloak.

There was only one elf in the kitchen at the moment.

"Hey, Miss! Got anything I can barrow?" He laughed.

"Hm. I'm quite busy right now but you can look around for something if you need." She said with her head hidden in a box.

He opened one of the cabinets but in the back was the furry outline of a cat.

"Oh, Hi little buddie." James said in an overly high pitched voice while he moved items away to see the kitten.

The cat hissed.

"I won't hurt you." James said softly while he moved his hand for the kitten smell him.

James cringed at the realization of his soft spot for cats.

He felt the kittens nose touch his finger and he came close to him and rubbed his face along his arm, "You wanna come outta there, baby?" James said while his voice went up again.

The kitten started to pur while he crawled out of the cabinet. James sat on the floor and patted his lap.

"Come 'ere" He said with a smile while he pet the cat on his lap, James softly fell to the ground still petting the cat.

The kitten laid on his chest purring loudly.

James started to get a little tired but didn't want to disturb the kitten on his chest so his waited for him to get off but drifted to sleep before he realized.

---

James woke up abruptly house elf standing over him.

"Mr. Potter, slealing food again?" The elf asked arms crossed.

"Erm, no ma'am." James responded with a yawn.

"Well you better be off, breakfast with start soon and someone need to make the food."

"Of course, sorry!" James said, throwing his cloak of his head and sprinting towards the Gryfindor dorms to get ready.

---

Only 414 words sorry ♡♡