XVI

"Shit shit shit shit." That was the only word replaying in Regulus' head.

Regulus had been wondering the castle, even if they had McGonagall's permission he still tried to avoid anyone who could get him in trouble.

He was waiting for Barty's free period, he hadn't told him about James yet but he's one of the few people he would ever tell.

"He will most likely stop by the dorm no matter what. I'll wait in the dorm?" Regulus was over thinking everything, even the things he knew.

Ten minutes until his free period.

Regulus sped around the halls making his way to the Slytherin dorms.

"Pure blood."

As soon as he entered the common room he quickly made his way up to their dorm room.

---

When Barty walked into their dorm he didn't expect to see a pacing Regulus who had been missing the past few days.

"Reg!" Barty said loudly, "Where were you, you bloody prick?!"

"Barty, there you are, exactly what I was going to talk to you about!" Regulus nervously smiled.

"Sit!" Regulus sat down on his bed and patted next to him for Barty to sit as well.

"So?"

"Ithinkilikejames."

"James...?" Barty said confused.

"James Potter."

Barty busted out laughing, "You serious!?"

"No, I'm R-" He stopped himself, "Not the time."

"Is that where you've been the past few days!?" Barty couldn't stopped himself from letting out a few laughs mid sentence.

"Yes."

"I knew it!"

(I realized that Regulus has been at lunch/breakfast and what not but just ignore that.)

"How!?"

"I don't know. I could tell you've been with someone!"

"Whatever, you have not."

"Have you told your brother!?"

"I did when asking if we both should stay with James this summer."

"And?"

"He laughed but he was okay with it.. a little confused but okay with it."

"Alright, tell me all about the past few days."

The two Slytherins sat in the room for the rest the rest of Bartys free period gossiping like 12 year olds after getting their first crush.

"I'm meeting him again before lunch." Regulus said smiling.

Barty was one of the few who sees Reg smile. It was rare but there.

"I'm glad you found him, Reg." Barty said.

"What?"

"You seem so giddy just talking about him!" Barty laughed.

"Other than the fact that he keeps calling me darling." Regulus scoffed.

"Awee!" Barty sat up, "He calls you DARLING!?"

"Yeah. Its annoying."

"Whatever you say, Black." Barty grinned.

Regulus rolled his eyes before smirking proudly at Barty, "How's you and Rosier?"

"Oh no. We are not doing this again." Barty grabbed his stuff and walked out of the dorms, "Bye, Reg."

---
I hope Barty actually seems like Barty, Idk how to write him, its like I know what I wanna write but he comes out like a teen girl-
476 words