Chapter 15

Elijah

Shit. How could this happen? How could let this happen?

"How the fuck did he get out of the circle? I don't think any one of you understands how important he is to Oliver and Elijah," My dad was talking to our head scout. Somehow, he had escaped the grasps of the scouts we had sent. I was so mad at them, but I also know how easily our mate was able to get out of reach. I've had experience.

"Is there any way we could get him again right now? Can you guys keep on his trail? I can't afford to lose him again." Everyone in the pack knew how his initial loss had affected Oliver and I. Our bond was so strong that when he left us, we were in shambles. We tried not to show it though, as we still had to lead our pack.

"Alpha, Elijah, Oliver. We're trying to chase him down. He's very fast, but outnumbered. It's very much possible to be able to tackle and sedate him. One of the scouts chasing him is riding wolf-back in human form with the sedative, in the event we do catch him."

Another scout chimes in, "It's very probable we will. We're already gaining on him. Half of our group has broken off in hopes to surround him again." Hopefully they're able to pull it off. I really hope they're able to pull it off.

Noah

These fuckers. I can not lose them. They will not stop running after me. Why? I have no idea. Before, when times were sim-

Oh shut up, idiot. Times were never simpler. Well, I'm not wrong.

These wolves were probably chasing me for the fun of it. They probably think this is a game, that's why they haven't killed me yet. An Omega like me could not outrun a hunting party. Not in a million years.

Why are they teasing us? Why don't they just get it over with? I'm so out of breath right now, I feel like I'm about to pass out. I can't. Not yet. I need to get to safety.

I could hear them. They were gaining on me. I really didn't want to find out what they planned for me. I pushed myself faster.

I could feel my heartbeat in my head. I could feel the adrenaline in my veins. I could feel their breath on my tail. I could feel them gaining on me. I could almost feel their desperation for getting me. I don't know why they'd be desperate. Why in the world would they be desperate for me, of all things?

I could feel my muscles tightening. I could feel my lungs expanding and constricting, and with each breath, less air entering my lungs. I could feel myself giving up.

No. Not yet. A little more. Right. A little...more...

My eyes closed for a second too long. If I could run for a few hours once, why can't I do it again?? Maybe it's been a few hours. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten today. It could be a multitude of things, but either way. I can't continue on. I collapsed. This is where I die...