Chapter 19

Noah

I was frozen. He was moving me, physically carrying me. I don't know why. To show he's stronger? To show how much he could hurt me? I think it's apparent that almost anything else could hurt me right now. We were walking towards the building. It didn't look scary on the outside, it almost looked homey, but I have no idea what's happening on the inside. It could be covered in blood! We were walking closer towards it, the building almost seemed to be looming over me. Each step scared me, wondering what kind of torture they were going to put me through. If my first pack hadn't loved me, if my parents had left me, why would this pack be any different?

We had gotten to the door without me realizing, my thoughts distracting me from the present. It was quite big, and there were carvings in the wood framing it. The door was pretty simple, I think it's what you would expect in any house. Yet, this door was hand carved, and you could tell by the small and few nicks and mess ups under the clear seal coating. The wood tone was warm and welcoming, but all I could think about was how it was probably to distract anyone walking in from the terrible things that happened on the inside of their pack.

The one carrying me and groping me had waited patiently for the other one to open the door. It seemed heavy and well made, but the other one had pushed it in like it was nothing. All of a sudden, my senses were bombarded by the smell of cinnamon and apples. It smelled delicious, but I had to sneeze to clear my nose. My stomach rumbled, and I realized I actually loved the smell. I hadn't smelled anything like it in a long time, and I wanted to experience more nummy smells just like it.

I looked around the room we had just stepped into. It was not what I was expecting at all. It was a big room, but it felt cozy. There was a fireplace on the far wall, surrounded by stones and below a huge wooden mantle. There were candles everywhere, a few of them lit. I guessed that's where the nice aroma came from.

There was a huge couch in the center of the room, with a nice wooden coffee table in the middle. It looked handmade. The couch seemed as if it could fit a whole army. It might have to every night.

I was so entranced by the huge room, I barely noticed the alpha who was holding me began to walk in a different direction rather than plop down on the huge couch.

Where are we going? I have no idea. I don't know if I really want to find out. This alpha started walking towards a hallway, one that wasn't really well lit. That made me panic.

I don't wanna go down there. I started squirming in his arms, trying to escape or run or scratch or-or something!

"Hush, pup. We're almost to our room and then we can put you down," the alpha not holding me said. I hesitated for a second and glanced over at him. He looked at me with dismay, waves of guilt rolling off of him. Why was he guilty? Or better yet, what was he guilty of? What's happening??