CHAPTER 2: THINK WHATEVER YOU LIKE

THE NEXT DAY

GROCERY STORE

4:30 PM SEPTEMBER 21ST 2022

"Jeong... Jeong... oi... Jang Jeong."

*BANG*

The bald head chubby man in a yellow T-shirt yelled at Jeong while hitting the counter. His face was riddled with anger and his forehead furrowed. The Chubby man could not believe an employee ignored the customers who were waiting in line for ten minutes. But instead stared at the ceiling.

"...Huh?"

The noise finally got Jeong's attention. He looked down, shocked by the long line of angry-looking customers waiting to pay for their groceries. While he was shocked, by the long line. he could feel a piercing gaze from his side. He turned towards the gaze and saw the bald head man who was also the manager of the store. He could tell by the owner's expression that he was in major trouble for what he did.

"Manager Hyun... this is not wh- what it looks like... i-i."

Jeong tried to come up with an excuse to explain the situation, but he could see that manager Hyun had no intention of listening to what he had to say.

"Hey, if you can't do your work. Then just quit."

"Yeah... stop wasting our time. We have things to do."

The customers yelled at Jeong in an angry and disrespectful tone.

"Jang Jeong... come to my office."

Manager Hyun said to Jeong. He glanced around the store and his gaze stopped when he saw a female employee who was placing groceries on the shelves. "Iseul... come here for a second, please."

Sung Iseul's expression became wary when the manager called her by her first name. She does not like the manager of the store, because of rumors she heard about him, and the way he looks at her. But she had to listen to him because he was the one who pays her salary.

"Ahh..."

She sighed silently, turned, and dropped the groceries she held in the cart beside her. Then she turns around and walks towards the manager with a fake smile on her face. After getting close to the counter, she glanced around. She realized what was happening because she had noticed the zombie-looking Op-pa staring at the ceiling for a while. "What can I help you with, manager?" she asked.

"Ha-ha... nothing much, Iseul... just that not everybody is ready to work and is good at their work like you."

Manager Hyun spoke with an intimate tone. With his gaze focused on Iseul's chest. He walks close to Iseul, places his chubby hands around her shoulder, and points at the shopping counter with his other hand. Trying to appear intimate with Iseul.

"Hehe... as you can see, all our precious customers are delayed because of that idiot Jang Jeong. you know you are the only person I can trus-"

"..."

Sung Iseul interrupts as she pushed away the manager with a look of disgust on her face. She noticed the manager's hand move down her back towards her waist from her shoulder, which was sexual harassment. But instead of exposing him, she decided to keep quiet because she knew as the breadwinner of her family; she had to put up with such disgusting action from manager Hyun because her income comes from working at the store. But she was not going to let herself get disrespected.

"... Iseul, why did you move away from me... is it because I am giving you extra work, ... I'm sorry."

Manager Hyung said with a sad expression as he adjusted his glasses by pushing them in place with his middle finger.