CHAPTER 4: TOWER OF DESTINY

5:10 PM SEPTEMBER 21ST 2022

THE BLUE HOUSE

*RUMBLE!!*

"So... general Kim Ah-Hyun. you said you have important information regarding the earthquake. so... what is it?"

The president asked in a serious tone. While staring at general Kim with the expectation that it was just an ordinary earthquake, unlike the ones that happen in China and Japan.

"..."

General Kim's face turned pale after listening to the president's question. There were no words she could use to describe the current situation. She glanced around the conference table and saw the gaze of the government officials and the president expecting answers.

"Is... there a problem, general Kim?"

Prime minister Ma Hyun-Seok asked.

The president noticed that the general was hesitant to speak, which made him more nervous. He sat up in his seat, placed his elbow on the conference table, and clasped his hand. By the expression on the general's face, the president could tell that the situation was a lot worse than he hoped.

General Kim stood up from her seat, and walks past the president, going towards the smart board on the wall. She brought a remote out of her pocket, clicked a button and the image of Han bridge appeared.

"Ha–General Kim, why are you showing us a picture of the Han River? Are you trying to give us a history lesson? Hahaha." general Lee spoke with a mocking tone.

"KYHAHAHA...."

"Pfft... what does the Han River have to do with the earthquake?"

"What is there to be surprised about? It's the seventh army."

"Hahaha... sometimes I forget there is an army like that. What a waste of funds."

The officials laughed along with general lee, while they loudly whispered snide remarks

"Hmph..."

Knowing that the president would not step in, general Kim ignored their remarks as she turned back toward the smart board and continued to speak. "This is the image of the Han river taken today at [4:30 PM] and at [5:00 PM]..."

*CLICK*

"Another image was taken, and this is what the Han River looks like now."

The image on the smart board changed into another image of the Han River, but in this image, there was a humongous hole in the middle of the Han River.

After speaking, General Kim turned around and noticed the shocked expression of everyone in the room, while they stared at the smart board. She smirked when she noticed the people that laughed at her 'HISTORY LESSON' scared out of their minds.

"Ge–General Kim... is this real?" The president asked with a quavering voice.

Even though he was staring at the image with his own eyes, he could not believe it.

"Yes, Mr. President. From the reports I gathered, this is real, and this sinkhole is also the source of the earthquakes."

"How... is it possible for such a thing to happen?" the president asked.

"Your excellency, I think this is not something science can explain. This is supernatural–"

*BANG*

General Lee interrupted general Kim's words by slamming his hands on the conference table. He turned his gaze towards general Kim.