I BECAME GOD BY LEVELING UP: CHAPTER 5: INSIDE THE TOWER

INSIDE THE TOWER OF DESTINY

*Whoosh*

Jeong teleported into a white room that seemed to stretch endlessly. He glances around and notices that he was the only one in the room. But surprisingly, he felt calm. Normally, he would have been shocked and scared, but after his experience in the strange dream he had, nothing seemed to scare him.

[welcome player Jang Jeong to the Tower of Destiny] A mechanical voice announced.

"Tower of Destiny...? huh, I guess the old man was real after all," Jeong spoke in a calm voice.

After Jeong woke up from his strange dream, he tried to use the abilities the old man in his dream talked about, but none of them worked. So, he decided that what he dreamt about was only a dream, but now it seems that that's not the case.

[players chosen by the Tower are allowed to climb the Tower, changing their destiny in whichever way want]

[you can choose to become the powerful, or the powerless, your destiny is in your own hands.]

[Player Jang Jeong, get ready for the Tower tutorial in...]

[ 05:30:20] hours

After the Tower's system announced the timer, Jeong smirked.

"Even the part about the Tower not giving players the information they needed to survive is true. Most people who are not familiar with settings like this would never know about the 'status window'"

After saying status window, a game panel appeared, with Jeong's information on it.

[Player Name: Jang Jeong ]

[Age: 19]

[Race: Human]

[Destiny]: E >> [LVL]: 1/25 >> Luck: 16 ]

[DXP: 1/50]

[Strength: 5 >> ATK Power: 10 >> weight: 5] [+]

[Agility: 4 >> ATK Speed: 3 >> Defense: 4 >>

Movement Speed: 5] [+]

[Endurance: 4 >> HP: 100 >> Stamina: 70 ] [+]

[Intelligence: 3 >> MP ATK: 10 >> MP: 20] [+]

[Vitality: 2 >> MP Recovery: 2 per minute >> HP

REGEN: 0] [+]

[STAT POINTS: 5]

"Hmm... my stats are pretty weak; Not like I'm surprised since I always did badly in PE because of my weak body... Oh, I still have an E- rank destiny class."

Jeong spoke in a nonchalant tone. Even though he knew that most players with a destiny class lower than D, rarely make it past the tutorial stage.

According to what the old man in Jeong's dream explained. Players in the Tower possess different destiny classes, starting from F, E, D, C, B, A, S, and SS.

A player with an F- rank destiny class hits his/her cap by LVL 15 while a player with an E - rank destiny class hits his/her cap by LVL 25.

With this, the hierarchy in the Tower is formed. Those with higher destiny class reign as kings with their strength, while those with lower Destiny classes struggle among themselves for the crumbs left behind.

"I guess the next thing to do is allocate my unused stats points. Normally, when playing an RPG game, most players distribute their stats according to their unique playing style. Some focus all their stats on their intelligence if they intend to become a magician, while others focus on their strength stats if they intend to become warriors...

But I'll be focusing all 5 unused stats points on my intelligence stats..."

After allocating his stat points, Jeong felt a unique stream of energy flowing through his body increase rapidly, his senses became sharper than before, his body became lighter, and he felt he could solve any problem with a single thought.

"Woah... I guess this is how the smart kids in school feel. I wonder how well I would do with my increased intelligence stats on an exam. anyway..."

[Player Name: Jang Jeong ]

[Age: ]

[Race: Human]

[Destiny]: E>> [LVL]: 1/25 >> Luck: 6 ]

[DXP: 1/50]

[Strength: 5 >> ATK Power: 10 >> weight: 5] [+]

[Agility: 4 >> ATK Speed: 3 >> Defense: 4 >>

Movement Speed: 5] [+]

[Endurance: 4 >> HP: 100 >> Stamina: 70 ] [+]

[Intelligence: 8 >> MP ATK: 30 >> MP: 50] [+]

[Vitality: 2 >> MP Recovery: 2 per minute >> HP

REGEN: 0] [+]

[STAT POINTS: 0]

Jeong nodded in satisfaction after seeing the huge increase in his MP.

"With this, I'll have enough magical power to cast the inheritance spell. But the old man said I'll have to sacrifice my MP for the spell to succeed and I would feel a little pain during the process. Though I still don't trust that suspicious old man, it is undeniable that everything he said really happened. And if a little pain and sacrifice are the price for power, there is no need for hesitation. I would do anything to become strong, even if it's selling my soul to the devil."

And with that desire to become strong, Jeong took out his pocketknife and cut his palm. He felt a sharp pain as the cut bled, but he ignored the pain, as his blood was necessary to cast the spell.

After putting his pocketknife away, Jeong stretched his hand forward and squeezed his injured palm, causing his blood to drop to the floor. As his blood continued to drip, he began reciting...

"I JANG JEONG ΘΥΣΙΑΖΩ ΤΟ ΑΙΜΑ ΚΑΙ ΤΗ ΜΑΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΣΤΟ ΟΝΟΜΑ ΤΟΥ ΘΕΟΥ ..."

"...KAKK!"

*THUD*

Jeong felt excruciating pain as his mana left his body while casting the spell, which caused him to fall to his knees. He felt like a part of himself was being cut off bit by bit. But even though he felt like collapsing, he continued with the spell.

"ΤΗΣ ΚΑΤΑΚΛΗΣΗΣ ΚΛΗΡΟΝΟΜΟΝΤΑΣ ΟΛΕΣ ΤΙΣ ΔΥΝΑΜΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΗΝ ΕΞΟΥΣΙΑ ΤΟΥ!!"

*THUD*

After Jeong finished casting the spell, he fell to the ground, exhausted. He could not move any part of his body even when he tried. All he could do was stare at the white ceiling above him, waiting for the effect of the spell to kick in.

********* THIRTY MINUTES LATER*******

"Ha... I've been lying here for thirty minutes, and I still can't move a muscle. When will the spell take effect- quick!... aarrghhh!!"

Jeong yelled as he held onto his chest with a painful expression. He felt something ripping his heart apart from inside his body. He could do nothing but roll to and fro on the floor in pain.