xiii. scissors

School started for me, so updates might be a bit spaced out!! nemesis will be introduced very soon, when however- I cannot tell you >:)), your comments and votes r absolutely always appreciated ((and u guys r funny as hell sometimes fr))

((Unedited 2.6.22))

-

You didn't remember much about Amao's death, considering you didn't even remember being part of his club. But one thing you could hardly forget, was that bake sale.

You stood back and watched as your friends indulged in the sweet treats bought from the brunette. Their hands overflowing with nothing but sugary snacks. Despite the sickening feeling in your stomach at the sight of the desserts, you stayed quiet and let them enjoy the moment.

"Are you sure you don't want any (Y/n)? Even though it's your favorite?" Taeko asks, packing some of the treats in her bag- probably for Hanako.

You didn't have the heart to tell her you had an ick towards sweets, so you bullshitted an excuse.

"Ah, no thank you! I'm a little full from breakfast, aha.."

Taeko's eyebrows furrowed before she tenderly grabbed your hand and placed the confection in it. "You don't have to eat it now, but it's here just in case you get hungry later," she said reassuringly.

You shrug, shoving the treat box in your own bag. Maybe you could give it to one of your club members later. Class didn't start for another hour, so you sat on the bench next to Osano and Taeko.

You found your gaze drawn to Amao, almost involuntarily. His broad smile lit up the room as he cheerfully handed out treats, a fun fact about each one mentioned to the customer.

It was...cute. You wouldn't mind suffering through stomaching piles of sweets if he smiled at you that way. You internally punched yourself for letting your mind get distracted before reverting your attention back to your main situation.

How did he manage to die during a bake sale when so many students were around him? There had to be a lapse in time where he was left by himself.

And what if he didn't even die today? The bake sale is supposed to last a week, would you have to be on the courtyard every day? But that wouldn't work during lunch since you have tutoring with Kizano for three days of the week.

All of this was giving you a headache.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright? You've been staring at me for quite a while." You see Amao standing in front of you with a worried crease in his brow.