xviii. post-it notes

Hi! hello! hope your days have been good! there's an authors note at the end :D!!

unedited ((3.11.23))

-

There was something wrong with you.

You learned this when you introduced yourself to your preschool class. It wasn't anything special and you didn't stutter like you were prone to doing. Things were going  normal.

Then why did no one want to be friends with you?

You sat alone for three weeks, but it was fine since you had your imagination to keep you company. You thought it was fine, until your teacher thought you were a student from a different class who was purposely ditching. Despite your adamant defense, 'You take my attendance everyday!' she still sent you to the principal.

You don't remember crying as hard as you did that day.

(Y/n), the daughter of a simple mother and father, who led a simple life, and died a not so simple death.

It wasn't until you turned ten when you finally felt as if the tides were shifting into unfamiliar territory. A new classroom with the same faces, except for the new addition of the girl with the onyx eyes and the boy with the polka dot scarf.

They both approached you, one more or so being tugged by the other.

"Hello!" Her hair bellowed behind her, as she held her hand out with a smile. You felt entranced almost as if you were a ghost who realized they could be seen. You stutter, your old habits coming to light in the face of an adversary.

"H..hi." you greet back, dropping your purple crayon.

"I'm Taeko! This is... How do you say your name again?"

"How many times do I have to say it dumbass? My name is Osano! O-san-o!" The carrot-haired boy responded in kind, stomping his foot almost like a toddler. It reminded you of that cartoon character your mom liked. Daffy duck? You giggled at the comparison.

"Osano, watch your mouth around your friends!" The teacher scolds. Osano scoffed, and glanced over at you again, and you fidgeted.

"Oh! Right! Osano, ehe! Do you want to go read some fairy tales with us, um?"

"(Y/n)... my name is (Y/n)! I'd love to." You giggle. Dad was right, friends don't come easy. But you hoped these guys would stay. You clutched your small fist, before relaxing them and taking Taeko's outstretched palm.

-

- year 20xx -

After that argument with Taeko, you left the bathroom in disarray. Messy and drenched in what napkins and paper towels couldn't pick up. You didn't care about your appearance too much however. As if it were a curse, what Taeko yelled at you lingers.